We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

2 posts
Save Topic
Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

Hi friends!

I'll be going to malaysia and i want to go to genting highlands and rise the skycable

But i'm confused regarding the genting skyway and awana skyway cable

I just want to clarify questions

1. Are awana skyway cable and genting skyway cable have different destination? Yes both in genting highland but is it possible for me to use AWANA SKYWAY CABLE to go up to genting highlands and use GENTIBG SKYWAY CABLE to go down from genting highlands?

2. Which is better to use?

Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Awana Skyway
Awana Skyway
281 Reviews
Genting Highlands, Malaysia
5 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

You don't get to choose as only one skyway is operational at any point of time. The Awana Skyway is the main skyway in normal operation, while the older Genting Skyway serves as a backup when Awana Skyway is closed for maintenance.

Mentioned in this post
Awana Skyway
Awana Skyway
281 Reviews
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

Ohh is that so?

Thank you for the information!... from pudu station how will i know if i should drop of in genting station or awana station? Is there a notice?

In google maps those stations are apart?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

The bus will drop you off at either the Awana Skyway station or the Genting Skyway station, depending on which skyway is in operation.

Check the Genting website for announcements on scheduled maintenance. You may also ask the ticket counter staff or the bus drivers.

Mentioned in this post
Awana Skyway
Awana Skyway
281 Reviews
Genting Skyway
Genting Skyway
1,222 Reviews
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,064 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

The Genting Skyway is closed.

Mentioned in this post
Genting Skyway
Genting Skyway
1,222 Reviews
5. Re: Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2018, 18:52

Reply to: Genting skyway vs. Awana skyway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted