We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Life in Neum

Turkey
Level Contributor
304 posts
25 reviews
Life in Neum

Hi all. We will be renting an apt. in Neum for swimming in front of the house and just having lazy days to rest. I saw the place last year while we were driving from Mostar to Dubrovnik and wanted to stay there for our sea vacation. But I am wondering how is life around? Is there a town life around? Restaurants, cafés, a promenade or a square etc? I am not for a night life etc but don't want to be out of nowhere like at the side of the main road:) A stroll from the apt in the evening to a restaurant or a café would be nice. Can anyone describe me the atmosphere around?

4 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
525 reviews
1. Re: Life in Neum

Yes - Neum is quite a large place with several hotels, quite a lot of restaurants, bars, cafes. It is a main destination at the coast for BOSNIAN tourists who don't want to bother with going abroad - Croatia, Montenegro, or flying somewhere for summer holidays. The have around 350-400 thousand tourists in a year. The only problem is that the roads towards Mostar, be it over Stolac or Gabela, are still quite narrow - and if you use the road over Metkovic and Opuzen, then you still have to cross the border twice

http://www.bhtourism.ba/eng/neum.wbsp

https:/…60-neum

Turkey
Level Contributor
304 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Life in Neum

Thank you Tarik, but I could not completely understand what you wrote about the roads? Should we use them for our evening outs to go to restaurants or cafes or town center? I mean I was asking about our daily life there, so should we be concerned about the roads you were talking about or did you mention it just for our arrival and departure time?

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
525 reviews
3. Re: Life in Neum

I mentioned it only concerning arrival and departure - and I was speaking about the ROADS leading to Neum, not streets.

If you are e.g. coming from Mostar, you can use those pretty bad roads via Gabela or Stolac - and have no waiting times at the borders - or road to Metkovic, Opuzen, which is quite good, but that includes two border crossings

Turkey
Level Contributor
304 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Life in Neum

I see. Thank you Tarik. We will anyway cross borders, we will be coming from Kotor if everything goes as I am planning...

Reply to: Life in Neum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Neum