We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting Daughter in Central America

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting Daughter in Central America

Please help.

Daughter has little internet ability now as hard to do on phone.

She will meet me Guatamala City Airport Sat. before noon.

We want to get to Achuhauapan/Ataco and go to Juayua Sunday.

I assume we need to get to bus station in the city. Problem is we want to take best bus but want to be able to let driver let us off in one of those towns. Suggestions please for best way. thanks

7 replies to this topic
San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

You can take a TicaBus in Guatemala and ask the driver to drop you off in Ahuchapan, I would not recommend you to go to the bus terminal, however this buses going to Ataco and Juayua stop after leaving the terminal, you just need to be in the right place to get on the bus. In this case bus 249 goes from Ahuachapan to Sonsonate in the other side of the mountains and gets into each of the towns in the route. You just need to tell the driver or show him a sign with the name "Juayua". I would say the best time to do this will be leaving Guatemala early in the morning since it takes something like 3 hours to get to the border and another 30 to get to Ahuachapan. And if the bus is delay by any reason and you are coming in the afternoon you can be stuck in Ahuchapan because buses stop running at a certain time in the evening. Give me your email and I will send you a Google Earth capture with instructions to change buses.

JAcosta

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

Thanks JAcosta message sent.

I am a bit nervous as daughter is counting on me to get this part of the trip done. She will meet me at airport GC. Since I arrive Sat. we want to get to a decent place to stay in order to go to the market at Juayua Sunday. I am going to try to get to the library today and get a travel book. I am running out of time with work, etc.

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

Is that the Tica bus that is at the Holiday Inn in Guatamala City? I can't understand much of the language. need help...

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

I dont really know where they have the terminal in Guatemala but any nice international bus coming from Guatemala to El Salvador can do what I told you, tonight I send you the details to your email.

JAcosta

5. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 09:19

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

FYI I found that the Tica bus from Guatamala City goes straight to San Salvador and will not stop. Took me a bit to find it. We have decided to go to Antigua from the airport and deal with it the next day. I am glad as it is a long overnite by air. Finding info on this and on El Sal is not easy. But it will be a great adventure.

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting Daughter in Central America

JAcosta I think your mail went to my spam and deleted. Sorry. Please if possible send again. thx

Reply to: Meeting Daughter in Central America
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Juayua
Recent Conversations