We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow in Changu lake?

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snow in Changu lake?

Will we get snow in Changu lake and Baba Mandir area in the fist week of December?

I heard that chances of Nathula Pass being open in the month of December is based on luck, Is this true?

1. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2012, 07:10
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,461 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

imatwork1

There will be snow around Tsomgo Lake. Nathula would not be possible in December.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 16:20
Calcutta, West...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

Is there will be enough snow in Tsangu lake and Nathula pas in May this year. We ar reaching there on 19th may 2013.Please kindly reply...

Calcutta, West...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

Can we see snow in Tsangu lake and Nathula Pass in May, as we will be reaching gangtok on 18th may this year.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,461 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

Might get snow around Tsomgo Lake in May, if there is no snow...move ahead about 2 kms. there will be snow.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 12:22
Kolkata, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

I am planning to visit changu lake & nathula pass on 13th NOV. 2013 with my wife & 2yrs old kid. My question is, will it be safe for my child at Nathula? Pls. share your view>

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,461 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

Nathula might be tiring for 2 y/o, rather you can try Tsomgo Lake with adequate winter garments.

Edited: 26 October 2013, 22:36
Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

Dear Ashish. I am planning to visit gangtok by 6th deceber and we are planning to cover nathula pass, changu lake and baba mandir on 7th dec. i will be in gangtok by 2.00PM on 6th. i would like to prefer shared jeeps for the itinerary i mentioned. please suggest if i will be able to get the permits on 6th and cover my itinerary on 7th. please suggest me regarding this on how and from where can i get the shared jeeps as well as the permits for those areas.

Your co-operation is always appreciated.

Thank you

Saiprasad

Pune
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

Today we visited changu lake and nathula... there was snow. .. we played as well... in change. ..u have to take to go to opposite side of changu lake...walking. ..enjoy

vu2
Burdwan, West...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Snow in Changu lake?

we plan to make a trip for changu lake at December 17th. Is it possible to reach there with baba mandir and nathula pass and enjpy full of ice????

Get answers to your questions about Gangtok