We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Not long came back from my first visit to Kardamena and would just like to share my thoughts on the resort. I went with my husband and two 18 year old daughters and was really worried before going because on this forum, everyone seems to say that the nightlife is very laid back and mainly quiet cocktail bars. I actually asked the question on here whether it would be lively enough for our girls and most of the answers told me that basically, no it wouldn't and that the girls would me bored!! Kardamena is not by any means the18-30 resort that it used to be. However, it can be very lively if you are looking for it. There are several bars that are full of young people and one club that is open every night until 5am and was packed out every night. When it gets to 1-2am, the square is full of young people, there were literally hundreds of them!!

My honest opinion is that the majority of people on here want to put the youngsters off holidaying here (and they do regularly) because they want it to be just a resort for older people. I really don't know why because there was never any trouble and I actually think it is fantastic that Kardamena caters for ALL age groups! The best thing about this resort is that there is something for everyone and for me, it was one of the best places I have ever visited regarding keeping everyone in the family happy!

Our girls had the best holiday ever! They partied every night and didn't get back to the apartment until 5-6 am every morning. So basically if you are young and worried that Kardamena is not for you, please don't, there are loads of young people here and you will have a great time. It's certainly not Laganas or Malia but on the plus side, it's very safe and my girls found that because it's not like those resorts, they made loads of friends because they would see mostly the same people every night. We went to Malia last year and the girls actually preferred Kardamena

8 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Just back and found exactly the same thing. We were out until 0100 most nights and it was very lively around the square but never any hint of trouble just young people enjoying themselves. We were very surprised as like yourself we read this forum and expected it to be much quieter and reserved.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Omg I thought the exact same thing. But about Old Town.

I booked a boys trip, we are all early 30s and single and wanted a party trip, but after reading in the kos forums everyone was telling me the days of partying at Kos where over and it was more for old people wanting a relaxing holiday.

So Glad I didn't listen and went anyways !

Kos town is fun by day with nice beaches and a great selection of places to eat at great prices.

And around 12 pm the party starts to the early morning. There was one section of old town "bar street" that was insane ! True we where one of the older ones out but still had a great time.

I find it odd there was so much misleading information.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Maybe it’s due to as I posted at the start of the season feedback from Greek friends in Kardamena, and posts on here saying bookings are up on previous years. What goes around comes around.

Penicuik, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

I nearly didnt book after looking at youtube videos of crammed clubs and bars full to the brim. The reviews which said that the 18/30 set had long gone were what persuaded me in the end. However i am not an old fogey and am delighted to hear that there is a vibrant nightlife in Kardamena!! I love the energy of a mixed resort and im glad you posted this!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

You’ll love it, there really is something for everyone!! There are lots of quiet cocktail bars but also lively bars if you want them, have a fantastic holiday!

Penicuik, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Thank you!

Kardamena, Greece
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
262 reviews
7. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

I think if you compare Kardamena now to a couple of years ago then it is much quieter so much so that the two big clubs have had to close. However saying that there are always places for the younger crown go and hang out and have a good town but you do not see huge bar crawls going around the Town and no youth tour operators come to Kardamena any more

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
225 reviews
8. Re: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena

Kardamena is very busy this year, and there are a lot more younger people here as well (20 - 25) not the party crowd that used to be here but smaller groups of girls and guys, the girls seem to outnumber the boys though.

Reply to: Thoughts on nightlife - first visit to Kardamena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations