We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Sheffield
Level Contributor
41 posts
123 reviews
Taxis

I will be staying at Bitzaro Palace and wish to visit bars on the old road. In the past, we have walked there and back, but this year I will be on my own so do not wish to walk back in the dark. Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but how do I get a taxi back to the hotel? Is it best to phone and book one (and will the operator speak English as my Greek, though improving is not great!); is there a taxi rank I can go to? (Zante taxis website seems to suggest there is a rank where the main street meets the old road, but I haven't noticed one!) or are there likely to be passing taxis I can flag?

Thank you for any suggestions!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
84 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Taxis

I don't recall a taxi rank. There is just one company which runs the taxis for the whole island. They speak English well. The phone number is 0302695048400. They are there in no time. Any bar,restaurant etc will happily call you a taxi. Some will even offer to give you a lift.

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Taxis

Taxis are parked outside drunk corner and before the roundabout, each end But I am sure the bars will phone one for you if stuck

Sheffield
Level Contributor
41 posts
123 reviews
3. Re: Taxis

Thank you both.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
231 reviews
4. Re: Taxis

Here's the fare table -only 6 euros anywhere within Kalamaki. The rank is on the right hand side as you approach the roundabout from the main road but wherever you are will call you one. https://www.zantetaxi.gr/

Reply to: Taxis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations