We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haval: Friendly/Knowledgeable Tour Guide in Kurdistan

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Haval: Friendly/Knowledgeable Tour Guide in Kurdistan

My recent visit to Erbil was an amazing adventure. I wish I could have stayed longer than 3 days. As such, I will definitely be back soon!

I had the pleasure of visiting the Citadel and the Grand Bazaar; however, I was unaccompanied. Next time I will hire Haval Qahraman.

That said, I did use the services of Haval to visit Gara Mountain (home of Saddam Hussein’s Palace) and Amadiya, both in Dohuk Province. On this occasion, I was only looking for a day trip.

I knew Haval was professional when he returned my message I sent him on his website within an hour. His responses to all of my questions were thorough, complete and honest. He communicates extremely well in English (both written and orally). His time estimate for duration of the day trip were spot on.

As a guide, he was friendly, humorous, and, very engaging. Haval is a down-to-earth person who has great passion for his country. He is very knowledgeable of all sites and places to see (and eat).

Haval and I got along famously. In fact, I had the pleasure of dining with him and his family the day after my tour with him. I became part of the family!!!

If you want to visit Kurdistan and get the most out of your visit of Erbil, or, expand your visit outside Erbil, I highly recommend Haval. I understand he also does multiple-day trips. This is certainly an option I’ll consider the next time I return to Erbil.

Thank you very kindly Haval!!!

1 reply
1. Re: Haval: Friendly/Knowledgeable Tour Guide in Kurdistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2018, 16:37

Reply to: Haval: Friendly/Knowledgeable Tour Guide in Kurdistan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Erbil