We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

I'm planning a vacation to Riviera Maya / Xpuha with my family of four, including two girls ages 5 and 11.

We're looking for a family friendly AI that will cater well to the kids and still feel restful and uncrowded. The very high end resorts are probably out our range, but we'd like a nice beach location, good scuba/snorkeling, and easy access to surrounding attractions/Maya sites.

Many thanks.

Alberta
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

There are so many good hotels to choose from! I have stayed at 3 different resorts and I enjoyed them all. For taking younger kids I would stay at the Occidental Grand Xcaret. It has a lagoon instead of the wide open beach but it is excellent for kids as there is not the big waves to topple them over. My 10 year old had a great time snorkeling in the lagoon and saw some neat fish and some crabs.

The resort is only 10 miles out of Playa del Carmen, so in my opinion a good location. You can arrange tours to see different ruins (any hotel can help with these tours). You also have Xcaret park right next door and you can snorkel there and also see a lot of different animals. It is a very nice park.

Hope that helps!

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

Thanks - great advice.

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

Thanks - great advice.

DC area
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

We are thinking Barcelo- Beach/carbie or Tropical/colonial.

5. Re: Newbie looking for Family All Inclusive Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 09:48