We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive newbie - recommendations on Riviera Maya?

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive newbie - recommendations on Riviera Maya?

I'm planning a 7-10 day trip to the Riviera Maya for my family of four, traveling with 2 girls aged 5 and 11.

Any recommendations for a family friendly AI that caters well to kids but will still feels relaxed and peaceful? We prob can't afford high end luxury places, but we want to avoid some of the cattle-call places we've read about.

Thanks everyone.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive newbie - recommendations on Riviera Maya?

Hi there. You might want to check out the Catalonia Yucatan. We are booked fore our third visit there, and have never before gone back to the same resort twice. It is a four star and very reasonably priced, which is how we discovered it. This is a smaller resort where I am sure you would be very comfortable letting the kids go about on their own. It is very relaxed which is why we love it. There is a free shuttle back and forth to Playa del Carmen, once in the daytime, and once at night. Also snorkeling on site, if that is your thing.

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive newbie - recommendations on Riviera Maya?

Thanks!

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive newbie - recommendations on Riviera Maya?

Welcome. Sorry didn't notice the young age of your kids. It would be like any place you go, I am sure you would want them in eyesight..lol!

4. Re: All inclusive newbie - recommendations on Riviera Maya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 09:48