We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rollerblading

5 posts
Save Topic
Rollerblading

Hi! I will be in Jasper and Banff for a week in July, and would really like to bring my rollers with me. Is it a good idea and are there any scenic lanes to ride? It is really important that the roads will be fully paved, since unlike bikes it's not possible to do dirt road with rollerblades.

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
4 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,849 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rollerblading

Check out the fully-paved 22 km Legacy Trail between Banff and Canmore:

https:/…Heritage-Legacy

Mentioned in this post
Banff Legacy Trail
Banff Legacy Trail
135 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Banff
Banff
Canmore
Canmore
Kananaskis Country, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,005 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rollerblading

Here in Jasper National Park, You could ride the paved trail around Lake Annette, and also the paved back road from Old Fort Point to Lac Beauvert. If you can manage hills on roller blades, you could go down the Old Fort Point road. The road to Marmot Basin would be another option. There are also the road at Lake Edith (but portions are rough) and the Pyramid Lake Road (but there is a fair bit of traffic on this one).

Mentioned in this post
Jasper National Park
Jasper National Park
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Marmot Lodge
Marmot Lodge
1,019 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Pyramid Lake Resort
Pyramid Lake Resort
658 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rollerblading

Another good possibility is the Sundance Canyon Road, which starts at the Cave & Basin in Banff. Paved all the way to the Canyon, and no car traffic. Also the Vermilion Lakes road - although cars are allowed on that one, it is mostly walkers and cyclists.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Vermilion Lakes
Vermilion Lakes
772 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rollerblading

With the Legacy Trail, just be aware of the electric mats. I don't think you'd have any issue with rollerblades, as you'd be insulated by the blades. You'd just need to ensure that there's only plastic/rubber touching the ground, not anything metallic.

And even though you are going on paved trails, carry bearspray. You could encounter wildlife on any of those trails/roads - and going fast and fairly quietly on rollerblades, you're more likely to surprise wildlife.

Mentioned in this post
Banff Legacy Trail
Banff Legacy Trail
135 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Reply to: Rollerblading
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted