We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

I'm looking for a beachfront quiet B&B somewhere on the gulf coast. Travel dates Dec 24 thru Jan 1 of this year. I'd like to be able to sit on a porch and watch the ocean without too many interruptions. Location could be any state along the Gulf coast. I'm willing to rent a car and drive for an hour or so from an airport. Would like to stay under $100 a night.Prefer small to large and don't need a pool or nightlife nearby. Anything come to mind? I'd be very grateful for your input. Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,414 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

Not only is that time the high season, but that week is the busiest of the busy season. And less than $100/night is not even close to the cost of beachfront for that time. Think closer to $200. Sorry to be the bearer of such news.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

I agree with the above poster. Not only is the budget not sufficient, it is very late to be looking for something for the holidays. What kind of research have you done on your own?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,463 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

Harrington house AMI, but as said your budget is far too low for beachfront.

Look across the beach (but has a beach with chaors etc) at Silver surf. Still higher than your budget, but will be cheaper than HH.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

madref: judge much?

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

Usually EBT located at the south end of Ft Myers Beach is in your price range, but due to the dates it is higher but they still have availability for your time frame. Here a few that came up when I entered your dates....I am not sure if

work is still being done, I did hear they were redoing the balconies ....Santini plaza across the street, walkable to 7/11, CVS and the tiki bar at the Wyndam....might be worth a look

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
7. Re: looking for a beachfront quiet B&B over Xmas break this year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2017, 09:45