We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

MN
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

We are planning a trip for spring break - yes, I know, it's very late in the game. My husband, myself, and 3 kids ages 14-20, plus 2 of my 16 yo daughter's friends - total of 7! What we'd like, ideally, is a property, condo, or resort right on the beach, or very short walk to a beach (less than 1/2 mile), that has a pool also. I'm finding properties, but I'm not sure of what area would be the best for our group! We're from MN, so we want heat! Looking at Marco Island all the way up to St. Petersburg. It's a long strip and very overwhelming! We'd love to be able to boogie board, lay on the beach, walk to places to get drinks/smoothies, walk to restaurants, not be surrounded by only old people (per my daughter's request! - ha). Ideas? There are properties on Siesta Key, in Naples, places near Madiera Beach and Indian rocks beach near Clearwater, or anywhere else along the gulf. We want warm, fun in sun, fun on beach, etc. Thank you!

Edited: 13 February 2016, 22:01
Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Clearwater Beach Day Trip from...
3 Reviews
from US$ 74.99*
Free Cancellation
Clearwater Beach Day Trip from...
43 Reviews
from US$ 64.99*
Free Cancellation
Winter the Dolphin Tour at Clearwater...
2 Reviews
from US$ 77.99*
Free Cancellation
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

I think Clearwater Beach would be the best fit for your group.

Read that forum to see if it is suitable.

Edited: 13 February 2016, 22:12
Mentioned in this post
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
10,231 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
MN
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

Thanks! I will do that right now!

MN
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

Thank you! I think we're going to stay in the Clearwater area now!

Mentioned in this post
MN
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

Now, We're looking at 4 different condos. One that's right on Clearwater beach, one that's near Indian Shores Beach, and 2 others on Madiera Beach. Any opinions of each of those areas? Which might be better, or have more fun options close to them?

Mentioned in this post
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
10,231 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
spring grove, il
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

We have stayed in Indian Rocks Beach and had a wonderful vacation. The beach is not crowded and it's a short ride to Clearwater. However there were not many stores/restaurants within walking distance. Clearwater beach would be best if you were looking to walk places.

Edited: 14 February 2016, 03:21
Mentioned in this post
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
10,231 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
6. Re: What area on gulf side do I choose for my family vacation???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2017, 11:47