We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
19 posts
57 reviews
Where to stay?

Hello everyone,

my family and I (4 people) are looking for a vacation rental in South Gulf coast for December 2015 (1 week and 2 days from the 21st)

I know that December is high season in Florida that s why I m afraid that it s maybe to late to find what we want...

We'd like a house/cottage (not a condo or apartment) on the beach with a private beach access, the thing is that I can't really find what I want and I wondered if anyone knows a good website to book these kind of home. (between our budget would be max 300$ per night)

Thank you in advance

Joanie

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
1. Re: Where to stay?

My favorite place is Marco Island- a nice place I think you will enjoy. I don't know how crowded it is there in the winter, but it's never as crowded as most of the other places around.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,072 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay?

Places with houses to rent under a mnth in SW Florida include Captiva, Boca Grande/Gasparilla, Manasota Key, Venice, Casey Key, Anna Maria island.

Have a look at those markets on the big sites and see if you can find something.

You may have trouble fining more than a week, if their other weeks are rented in Jan so be prepared to stay 2 nights elsewhere if required

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
3. Re: Where to stay?

Check out VRBO here is example of some beach cottages I found....but you can explore the site for different areas

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/south-west?Property+Type=Cottage_or_Bungalow&Location+Type=Beachfront

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay?

Joanie,

Three problems with your request-

-Not a Sat. to Sat. rental -- vast majority of rentals are Sat. to Sat.

-9 nights, like amanx said & nights is the norm.

-Price, you are just not going to find a cottage on the beach for $300 anywhere in Southwest Florida.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
832 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay?

Some other issues. December can be cool ---> cold in central to north Florida. If the OP is looking for warmer winter weather - he/she will have to go pretty far south. And - when you go south - to places like Naples - I don't think there is much in the way of beachfront houses (as opposed to condos). And - to the extent that they exist - I suspect they're mighty expensive. Does anyone here know of any places in SW Florida that have modest oceanfront houses?

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
6. Re: Where to stay?

Found this one on Ft Myers Beach when I did an instant quote it came out to exactly $300 a nite with taxes.

http://www.vrbo.com/116982

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,072 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Where to stay?

I can see places at 300 a night then, in venice, FMB and others, but it was the 9 nights that foxed me.

Along with house not condo. Try AMi too

Edited: 15 August 2015, 01:56
Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
8. Re: Where to stay?

Amanx- I agree sometimes more than a weekly rental can be hard to find, but from the short search on VRBO that I did it looks like the OP should be able to find something. They can email/call owners, can't hurt to ask. They sure have a large area to search seems as they want the south gulf coast.

Also agree that Naples would be pricey.

9. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2016, 09:48