We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the perfect place for a February get together.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for the perfect place for a February get together.

My husband and I are are planning to meet up with some good friends in February. The wish list is to find a beach town in the Southwest Gulf area that has some culture, good food, and good wine all within walking distance of the beach.....Any suggestions for beach location and/or cool places to stay?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the perfect place for a February get together.

For February, if you want a little bit of warmth, the further south you go the better. On the Gulf coast that would mean Marco Island or Naples. Read those forums to see if it would suit you.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the perfect place for a February get together.

Ft Myers Beach is lovely that time of year.....You can enjoy the white sands of the gulf coast while being walking distance from food and drink.....It all depends on what you are looking for. Marco Island is nice but besides the beach, not much more to do their and its a bit pricy. Naples is nice. Its really spread out and also a bit pricy. Ft. Myers beach is my favorite, smaller but full of things to do.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
3. Re: Looking for the perfect place for a February get together.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 10:51