We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature Rental Experience W/Out Having to go to Everglades?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nature Rental Experience W/Out Having to go to Everglades?

My most unforgetabe Florida vacation memory as a child was when my parents rented out a bungalow on stilts in Everglades City. Every morning I would discover armies of tree frogs outside our windows, something I had never seen in my life in our timeshare in Cocoa Beach! This year we booked 4 extra days before our drive to our timeshare. We will be heading in the opposite direction (west/cental FL) and spend the first day in Lakeland where we have family. I would love to have an experience like I did in the Everglades City as a child and be surrounded by exotic animals (like tree frogs (= ) and untouched awe-inspiring foliage/nature for the extra 3 days. Though it does seem like a fun idea to travel further south/west for the next three days, Everglades City just seems too faaaaar out of the way south for us. So I was wondering if there was another great resort to "commune with nature" that's not as far south as Everglades City is. Keeping in mind also I am traveling with my eldery grandparents who are at an age that they do need ammenties (controlled tempatures,television for relaxing/breaks, easy bathroom access, comfortable bedding) and cannot camp or "rough-it" in any sense of the word.

Mentioned in this post
Florida Vacation Villas
Florida Vacation Villas
235 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach
Brevard County, FL
Lakeland
Lakeland
Central Florida, FL
Everglades City
Everglades City
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Ecotour
94 Reviews
US$ 50 per adult
Free Cancellation
Manatee Ecotour and Shelling Adventure
70 Reviews
US$ 75 per adult
Free Cancellation
Dolphin and Wildlife Cruise in Fort...
85 Reviews
US$ 22 per adult
Free Cancellation
1. Re: Nature Rental Experience W/Out Having to go to Everglades?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 11:08