We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of August with 12 y.o

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
26 posts
First week of August with 12 y.o

Hi, I am looking for family vacation - 2 adults+2boys 12 y.o.

It should be mix of the beach/pool and some acrivities including at leas one trip to wildlife + fishing/kayaking/snorkelling etc.

What would be recommendations? Naples? Fort Mayers?

We are planning to have a car rental.

Thnaks in advance.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
26 posts
1. Re: First week of August with 12 y.o

Hi, anyone?

Southwest Florida
Level Contributor
206 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: First week of August with 12 y.o

If you are active - try Sanibel, siesta key, lido key or Anna Maria.

A lot depends on what you want to do - if fishing is your thing and not so much beach, than I'd suggest Boca Grande or Venice, If you want nightlife and things to do, I'd suggest siesta key, If you are looking for "old florida" without condos and monster hotels - Anna maria fits the bill. Sanibel has excellent shelling, birdwatching, kayaking and bike paths galore.

If all depends what you enjoy, knowing you can't please everyone!

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: First week of August with 12 y.o

Marco Island Marriott

Florida City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
137 reviews
4. Re: First week of August with 12 y.o

12 year old Boys would probably love the Everglades Airboat Tours, a Fishing Charter or free fishing off the Naples Pier. The Naples Zoo is very small but unique in a way that has shows and feedings of animals such as alligators, monkey island, camels, hyena's,snakes, iguana, etc...

There's a bike path called Shark Valley (they rent bikes) and you will often see Florida native animals such as alligators. Shark Valley is about 1 1/2 hours from Naples and August will be hot and mosquitos may be an issue if not prepared.

There's Kayak, Kiteboard, Paddle Board, boat and jetski rentals in town.

The favorite destination most of my visitors love is a boat ride to the remote beaches such as Keewaydin Island. The inland side will have plenty of other teens on weekends and the outside is much less crowded.

Pools are a given in many communities; however some neighborhoods are filled with what is described as a "Condo Commando" where they may police your fun - all depends where you stay.

If you're looking for public beaches with other teens - I would recommend Vanderbilt Beach, Delnor Wiggins Pass, Clam Pass or Olde Naples by the Pier. I don't know much about the Ft. Myers or Marco area to advise or compare.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
26 posts
5. Re: First week of August with 12 y.o

Thank you so much!

6. Re: First week of August with 12 y.o

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 10:46