We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights mid June - ON the beach

kansas city
Level Contributor
36 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights mid June - ON the beach

We are flying into Tampa mid-June for a short vacation. We can rent a car, so driving a little way would not be a problem. I already have 3 pages of notes and can't decide on the perfect place. #1 On the beach- I'd love to hear the ocean from the room and have a great view from a balcony. #2 Clean - I read about "Old Florida" and although that would be okay, I don't want to be in a dirty place. Newer beds and bedding. #3 Beautiful sandy beach to walk and lay out with chairs and umbrellas. #4 Coffee shop, restaurants, boating tours, and shopping within walking or biking distance. #5 Golf within a 20 minute drive - possibly a top ranked PGA course?

Tripadvisor has always led us to a great place! Please help!

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Florida
Florida
United States
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,467 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights mid June - ON the beach

walking distance will limit you, possibly from the best places/beaches such as Siesta Key which can be walking distance to places but dependant on where you stay. The more you can get to in wlaking distance, generally means the more built up and 'boardwalk' style/urban it is.

Look at AMI, Lido Key, St pete beach, and Treasure island would be my main recs. Lido Beach resort, Harrington House, the Beachcomber or Sirata, the Tradewinds resorts in those areas might suit.

Mentioned in this post
Lido Key
Lido Key
Sarasota, FL
Lido Beach Resort
Lido Beach Resort
1,696 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
The Beachcomber
The Beachcomber
181 Reviews
Nokomis, FL
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
4,852 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
kansas city
Level Contributor
36 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights mid June - ON the beach

Thanks for the quick response. I have stayed at Tradewinds before and it was okay. There was a wonderful Cuban coffee and sandwich shop there. I don't like the Treasure Island area. We could drive anywhere, but I love to walk the beach in the morning with a great coffee. My time will be spent mostly on the beach and some of the time trying out the local culinary venues.

Mentioned in this post
kansas city
Level Contributor
36 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights mid June - ON the beach

Do you know anything about House of the Sun, Bungalow Beach Resort, or Cedar Cove Resort?

Mentioned in this post
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
609 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,467 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights mid June - ON the beach

Try the local forum.

I dont' usualy stay overnight there, as my house is just over an hour away.

5. Re: 3 nights mid June - ON the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:47