We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Mid July we have 3 days in Miami, 3 days in Naples, then 2 days spare before we have to get back to Miami for flight.

Any ideas?

Any other nice coastal resorts, relaxing, food, drink, sights etc. Two forty-somethings.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,865 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Why not do it another way round? Why not 3 days Miami, and 2 days somewhere, and 3 days Naples?

If so, you could fit in Captiva or Islamorada in the keys to your schedule.

Basically, there isn't anywhere beach wise between Naples and Miami except Marco Island.

They aren't that far apart that you can't catch a flight from MIA leaving Naples.

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Hotels already fixed. Is there anywhere 2-3hrs up coast from Naples worth a 1 or 2 day visit - before drive back to Miami?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Stuart,

you could look at Sanibel island, Anna Maria Island (but heading further away) or go over to the Atlantic coast (Fort Lauderdale or some of the many places along he coast).

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,865 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Yes, going north from naples you can go to Sanibel or Captiva. South Seas resort in Captiva would be my pick.

Then Gasparilla island, Boca Grande, or Siesta or Lido Keys off DT Sarasota. I love Anna Maria island, my favourite.

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Thanks for the ideas. I suspect I'll end up staying an extra 2 days in Naples, and do day-trips up the coast.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Great decision! check out Sanibel/Captiva it is beautiful... and Ft Myers Beach both not that far from Naples but different vibe. Enjoy the beaches and seeing the dolphins and wildlife and different restaurants on the beach, FMB has many waterfront restaurants. In this heat in the summer I would not want to be driving around all day ....maybe rent a pontoon boat at FMB and check out Lovers Key on FMB. And you will have only a two hr drive back to the East Coast.

Relax and enjoy the beautiful SW coast.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,865 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

I like Naples, but prefer all the other islands mentionned. I'd choose one for a 2 day trip.

And you won't get the full effect of staying on any island by day trip. No sunset coctails (you'll be driving) and no early morning beach strolls.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Have you considered Key Largo?

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

True. I'm going to leave the 2 days open and decide when in Naples. I'm told I shouldnt have any problems finding hotel vacancies at that time (last week in July).

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 days spare between Naples and Miami...

Key Largo I plan to visit during my 3 days in Miami.