We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
8 helpful votes
Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

When is your favorite time/day of your vacation to get a massage? It will be my first vacation massage and I am splurging. As soon as you get there to set the mood, the day after, towards the end of your vacation? In the morning, before dinner? Let me know your thoughts. 🤗

1. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 April 2016, 19:05
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

I tried right now. Couldn't find anything posted.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
23 reviews
98 helpful votes
3. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

3D has an annoyingly sarcastic streak. Ignore.

I unusually prefer late afternoon. Then you can relax a bit before dinner.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
155 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

I like to book mine in the late afternoon when the therapist isn't rushed but I've had great morning massages too. I would just ask when you book the massage for the least crowded time at the spa. You want to be able to spend some quiet time in the relaxation room afterward and it is sometimes annoying when the place is packed.

Corona del Mar...
Level Contributor
68,371 posts
397 reviews
720 helpful votes
5. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

I'd start the vacation with a massage.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
5,118 posts
39 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

Whenever my wife is willing to give me one...usually right before bedtime. 😉

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60,961 posts
137 reviews
119 helpful votes
7. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

So we prefer massages at the tail end of a vacation and prefer it a few hours after a meal in the afternoon. Now the best part is - the word we - the DW gets a massage and moi gets a nap.

That's vacation.

8. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 April 2016, 19:05
Fremont, California
Level Contributor
62,720 posts
8,639 reviews
4,009 helpful votes
9. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

I prefer it the first full day I am on vacation.

I don't like it on the day I arrive (if we end up having traffic, getting there late), it is not as relaxing.

In terms of time of day, it depends if you are a morning person. I am not so I prefer the later afternoon with a break before dinner. One wants to enjoy the relaxed state one is in. Then just plan dinner that night....and some wine (if you so like).

It also depends on the spa you select. For example, there are some full service spas in Las Vegas, etc. where its more a "day at the spa". They have services for your massage but then many rooms (sauna, salt water therapy pools, etc.) to relax at during the time at the spa. As such, it depends which spa you select as well. If its just a massage, its easier to fit in. If its a major splurge, be sure to do a compare among spas and ask for recommendations for a spa for the city you are going to be in.

have a wonderful relaxing time.

Edited: 5 years ago
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
23,947 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
10. Re: Best time/day to get a massage on a vacation?
Save

If I'm with my girlfriends for Birthday Massages at a resort, we go before lunch to relax, order lunch around the pool and spend some time relaxing in the afternoon.

If I'm by myself at home or on a trip, I like later afternoon, after the day's errands are done, or a day site seeing or spent at the beach. I allow plenty of time to enjoy the facilities including saunas or soaking spa's, rain showers and the nice amenities resort Spa's have.

On vacation this might be a night where we order room service for dinner and watch the sunset from our balcony. Never a night where we have dinner reservations at a long anticipated restaurant.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.