We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Boston
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Hello, we will be coming to Sligo for a couple of nights after being in France for a week and we will need to do a little laundry. Rather than hand over my laundry to the hotel, I would like to find a local laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel and do my own. Any recommendations for a laundromat within walking distance of the Hotel? Thanks very much!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

I think the only self laundry is the outside machines at a Texaco gas station on Pearse Road. We asked at our hotel and all the other places were drop off wash and fold services. When we stopped by the gas station one of the two washers wasn't working. We ended up washing some items in our hotel sink.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
21,273 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Revolution Laundry

http://revolutionlaundry.ie/locations/

Canning’s Texaco Sligo Pearse Road

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

DIY laundrettes are not the norm here, more usual to get a service wash, i.e. drop off in the morning and collect in the evening. Revolution are the outdoor self-service machines appearing in petrol stations and shopping centres. You can check locations at http://revolutionlaundry.ie/locations/

Co. Kildare
Level Contributor
748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Google maps in seconds.Sorry I'm not familiar with any of them

https://goo.gl/2RLuoa

Click on each of them to see what services they offer, dry cleaners may also offer laundry.

For me wash and fold would be the best option ( we call it a service wash); no hanging around washing and drying (maybe even some ironing) and significantly less than hotel rates

Edited: 20 July 2017, 01:19
Boston
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Service wash! Thanks to all of you, I will make a note of this. So without sounding too much like a dumb tourist, I would ask someone in the hotel where the closest service wash service is? Hopefully walkable from the Glasshouse Hotel?

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,236 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

we saw those laundry places at petrol stations and it made us laugh out loud....I posted pics on FB so my family and friends could see them and it got quite a few giggles....was surprised none of the locals had mentioned them before.....hopefully you'll find one close by your hotel.....

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Like Nu on High Street have been around Donkeys years - getting laundry done is not a regular occurrence in Ireland - or at least it used not be! A short walk from your hotel.

The big washing machines in petro stations and supermarket carparks are a very new thing - about a year or so. I've never used one and never seen one in use!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,236 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

dubfam, we saw one in use and I think it was between Dunmore East and Stoneyford but for the life of me I wouldn't bet money on that...

Boston
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

Thanks again everyone. Someone suggested Keady's which is easy for me to remember since I have a huge bunch of cousins by that name in Boston so I'll look for that but will keep the other suggestions in mind. We will have been on the road for over a week at that point and washing jeans in the hotel sink doesn't make me happy. Cheers!

10. Re: Laundromat near the Glasshouse Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Western Ireland