We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Vulcano island

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Day trips from Vulcano island

Hi,

we want to use Vulcano island as a base and do day trips to the other islands. I think this is sometimes possible using the general ferries but are there also organised day trips you can book through agents directly on vulcano island?

For example, is there a trip to see Stromboli in a boat to watch the eruptions in the evening?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Ruislip, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
1. Re: Day trips from Vulcano island

Hi,

We are interested in doing the same thing! I know this is a year later, but did you ever go to Vulcano and were there daytrip options?

Thanks,

Lauren

Aeolian Islands...
Level Contributor
337 posts
2. Re: Day trips from Vulcano island

Freddy F and thegirlfromthemoon,

there are several options of companies that offer group tours from Vulcano or Lipari, you will see tons of kiosks and sidewalk venders once you arrive in the islands, and there are many companies listed on TripAdvisor too.

Otherwise, hydrofoil service is good to all the islands (in particular from Vulcano and Lipari), with many connections, ideal for day trips. See Liberty Lines website. However, this is not an option if you want to see the eruption by night from Stromboli.

Ciao

Cristian

Edited: 18 July 2018, 13:45
Hong Kong
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Day trips from Vulcano island

I'm interest to go Vulcano too, due to limited time, is that possible to go there by my own instead of joining any day tour? I may take the hydrofoil from Milazzo to Vulcano in the early afternoon, and take the last hydrofoil back to Milazza at nightfall, will this work?

Aeolian Islands...
Level Contributor
337 posts
4. Re: Day trips from Vulcano island

Wan Chi F,

you would be pretty tight on time, have you looked at the hydrofoil time schedule on the Liberty Lines website? You would probably be able to enjoy the island more if you catch a morning hydrofoil, or if you slept one night there and left the next day.

It depends what you want to do too, if you want to hike up to the top of Gran Cratere you would want to do it either early in the morning or late in the afternoon (to avoid the hottest times of the day). In this case you may want to consider sleeping overnight on Vulcano.

Ciao

Cristian

Reply to: Day trips from Vulcano island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aeolian Islands