We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Caparica to Alges

North Somerset
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Caparica to Alges

Please could someone tell me how easy it would be to travel from Costa Caparica to Alges for the Optimus festival. Would it need to be a taxi or could we travel by train?

I'd also appreciate some idea of cost to travel from the airport to Residencial Mar e Sol.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,966 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

Not easy and far. During the day you have buses (TST bus company), the best is to exit at Alcantara, walk till Alcantara-Mar train station and take the train to Algés, or go from Costa till Trafaria, take the ferry to Belém and then the train to Algés. At night the option it's a taxi.

www.tsuldotejo.pt/ver_horario.php…

transtejo.pt/pt/…

I suppose that a taxi to Costa (daytime) will cost at least 50€.

Why don't you choose a location along the Cascais line (the train company will do special trains on this line during the festival dates)? From Caxias till Cascais you'll be close to the sea.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
840 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

The most painless way of getting to Alges from Costa is to take the bus (in Costa) to Cacilhas (that's the ferry dock for ferries to Lisbon). Tha would be bus 124 which goes every 20 minutes (see below).

www.tsuldotejo.pt/…

In Cacilhas, take the ferry to Cais do Sodre and catch the train to Cascais, which stops at Algés.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,777 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

The biggest problem will be getting back to Costa Caparica at night.

There is a bus on a different route back to Costa Caparica with departures from Lisbon via Alcantara at 16 past midnight and 0056 (from Alcantara) but that's your only options by bus until the early morning. It's route 153.

tsuldotejo.pt/sync/opt/153_Ida_20130902_2030…

Taxis will be hard to get with tens of thousands coming out of the festival at the same time. I agree that you should try to find somewhere closer to stay if you can.

North Somerset
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

Thanks for the information.

North Somerset
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

Thanks for your help

North Somerset
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

Thanks. Yes, we have been to the festival before and know what you mean about the queues for the taxis. Stayed more local at last visit. I'm wondering whether to hire a car and drive. How long do you think the journey would be by car to and from Costa Caparica?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,966 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Caparica to Alges

Without traffic it's around 30min, but unless you know where to park the car it can be very complicated. I would park it near Belém ferry station and take the train to Algés, never close to the festival.

Reply to: Costa Caparica to Alges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa da Caparica