We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

Looking for suggestions on a hotel near FCO that provides FREE or low cost shuttles to Rome for a quick visit? We are only there the 17th and fly out the 18th... First time out of U.S.

Thank you for suggestions :)

Special Offer
Food & Wine Tasting in a local cellar
12 Reviews
from US$ 89.50*
US$ 107.40
Bracciano Castle with Wine Tasting
1 Review
from US$ 155.20*
Orvieto Wine Tasting from Rome
3 Reviews
from US$ 208.90*
12 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,809 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

I doubt you'll find any hotels by the airport that offer a free shuttle other than the Hilton, which is right at the airport. It's a long drive into town from the airport and is costly. You can easily take the express train for 14 euros each.

Donna

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

So the Hilton takes you into Rome? Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it :)

3. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 August 2018, 22:53

4. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 August 2018, 22:41

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

Thank you so much!! Your post was most helpful. I think we will do the Hilton and ride the train in. Our flight doesn't leave until 10 on the 18th.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,770 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

Why would you pay 14 euro each way per person for the train when the Hilton offers a free shuttle into Rome and back eight times a day?

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

United States
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

Here is a map showing the Hilton, the train station and the terminals. Be prepared for a bit of sticker shock on the Hilton (unless you are lucky and they have a lot of unsold rooms). You typically have to pay for the convenience of booking there.

adr.it/documents/10157/109482/Overview_Arriv…

United States
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

Good catch elstravels. Do you know how late they run that service (what is the latest you can shuttle back to the hotel from city center) and how full that last shuttle typically is? Also up to the OP if they want to spend the longer transit time in a shuttle bus vs the Express train although I guess if they just miss a train, the wait for the next ride + the journey would be similar to a shuttle bus trip.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,770 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

I don't remember how late it ran but my cousins stayed there and used it several times with no problems, although it was spring and not the height of the season. The drop off/pick up point in town was near Teatro Marcello so it was very convenient.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?

I'm also flying into Rome (4 adults) on August 11th around 11:50 AM is our landing time and will then go to hotel we booked - Mecenate Palace Rome - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187… . We're planning on staying for about 3 days and then going by train to the Amalfi coast (another 3 days) and then finally Venice for the last 3 days. Hopefully we're biting off more than we can chew. :)

Based on the responses here, it sounds like we should be taking the Express train to Rome? Is it easy to then find the hotel? I haven't been to Europe in over 20 years now. :)

Edited: 07 August 2018, 22:59
Reply to: Shuttle to Rome from FCO nearby airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted