We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry to fuerteventura

Isle of Mull...
Level Contributor
33 posts
ferry to fuerteventura

Hi wondering about doing this either independently with or without hire car, if so what are the buses like on Fuerteventura? Also considering an organised trip, as just looked at the prices to do it ourselves and the ferry is £137 day return for 3 of us, with or without a car, seems a bit odd for a half hour ferry ride. Can this be right, Advice and help please

Coming next week and staying at PB first week and PDC 2nd week

9 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,990 posts
29 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

look at first Minute or TouristTicket offices they do a trip to Coralego for 27€ pp return but make sure you are on thr ARMAS ferry and not the small boat. They do a trip around the island as well.

lancashire
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

The ferry can be expensive but we booked well in advance for our island hop and it was 26€ pp. One way. The buses on fuertuventura are great ( depending where you want to go )! Cottillo and beyond can be a bit sparse ! Enjoy

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
166 reviews
109 helpful votes
3. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

I'm not sure that it would be worth getting a bus this end as you could really only go to El Cotillo or the capital easily., and both buses take nearly an hour each way. Better to stay in Corralejo, which is all accessible on foot from the ferry harbour.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,990 posts
29 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

That's what I thought Sheila and 24€ ew is near the price you pay for a day return and you don'r need to book in advance

Edited: 02 November 2018, 00:10
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
166 reviews
109 helpful votes
5. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

The small boat, the Princesa Ico, is nice if it's a lovely summer's day on a millpond and you're a good sailor. But I've seen lots of green faces getting off, and it quite often gets cancelled due to poor weather. The Fred Olsen catamaran is the fastest but I find it boring with its Pullman seating and only a tiny smoky outdoor area. I like the old Armas boat, with plenty of open decks and a nice café.

Look out for flying fish which are seen quite often and who "fly" for a hell of a distance. If you're really lucky you'll see a dolphin, although they mainly prefer to stay around the other side of Lobos.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,990 posts
29 reviews
45 helpful votes
6. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

yes would be the ARMAS for me, the Princesa Ico is too small and Fred Olson is too dear to save 10 minutes

Velez Rubio
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
56 reviews
55 helpful votes
7. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

Just to be awkward, if all you are going to do is stay in Corralejo, I just wouldn't bother going. Why spend money just to see a fairly unremarkable tourist resort. I know Fuertenventura has its attractions, but Corralejo is not one of them!

Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
8. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

We are transferring from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura in two weeks time. Can anyone advise me what the cost of a single ticket is please? Should I be booking this now?

Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
9. Re: ferry to fuerteventura

We are transferring from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura in two weeks time. Can anyone advise me what the cost of a single ticket is please? Should I be booking this now?

Reply to: ferry to fuerteventura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca