We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Good evening I’m due to go out to Playa Blanca in September and wondered if anyone would recommend any particular places for veggie food. I have looked on restaurants on tripadvisor and searched on the forum but there isn’t really much on either.

We are staying at Ona las brisas but are happy to walk up to 20 -30 mins out. Thanks in advance.

11 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
251 reviews
1. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

There aren't any vegetarain places in Playa Blanca o my knowledge. As a fellow vegetarian I tend to prefer the Indian , Chinese or Italian places. Imagine India on the front is excellent, Asiatico, also on the front not bad and Casale Franco in the Papagayo centre (top floor) is also recommended. The Spanish places will do an omelette for main course and mushroom starter...if you're lucky.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Thank you Lanzafan that’s helpful and I’m sure I won’t starve lol

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Try Ninen, small Italian with some good veggie pasta options

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

I will thank you Nicr74 👍

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

All of the above are great options and cater above and beyond the usual veggie affair. I’ve never struggled to find lovely food in Playa Blanca. Imagine India and spice fusion have lots of choice for vegetarians. If you like Greek food, Sebastyans is well worth a visit and has lots of veggie options.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
159 reviews
6. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Wow! I'm always looking for differences between Corralejo and Playa Blanca as so many people ask, seeing as they're in sight of one another. That's certainly one!

We have several vegan places here - cafés and restaurants: Past & Future, Maize, H2O, Dr Sanchez, Baobab. We also have one that devotes itself entirely to "special diets". Called Sanus, it caters for vegans, vegetarians, coeliacs, diabetics, and those with other special needs, e.g. lactose-free. Everything is of course organic. It does serve meat but is strict about separation.

As a confirmed and (I think) healthy omnivore, I've never eaten there, but it does have a good reputation.

Anyway, sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread :) . I was just surprised to see such a difference.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

If you havent already , go to top of this page , click on restaurants , then go to left of page , scroll down to Vegetarian , Vegan Gluten free , and it will show you some restaurants that may suit , unfortunately as I’ve found out the odd one just do a salad

If you fancy a day out try PDC and try the Blooming Cactus , also as Sheila has said , you could go for a day trip to Corralejo

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Sorry for late reply, I didn’t realise I had more replies! Thanks you everyone for you help and information. Just can’t wait to go now 😊

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
121 reviews
9. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Forgot to say that tapas is good for veggie choice. Try bodegan which is on the sea front (next to mamma rossa).

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please

Sounds great thanks

Reply to: Vegetarian restaurant need recommendations please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca