We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
58 reviews
HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Hi

I’m looking at booking a villa on homeaway at vista lobos ( I think it’s 26) the renter is called altaf Patel and he has 5 villas

Has anyone used him ?

Just wanting to make sure it’s all fine and genuine before I book

Thanks

Vicky

18 replies to this topic
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
82 reviews
1. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

not used him, but have used homeaway several times.

if you pay through their system, although it is more expensive than booking direct, your money is safe, and if the letter turns out to be bogus, you can get your money back.

most of their properties have reviews from past renters, ask them if it is safe to book with him.

of course, if he is a crook, the reviews could all be by him or his accomplices, but if that was the case past customers such as yourself would have reported it to homeaway and they are too concerned with their income stream to keep bogus properties on their site.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
82 reviews
2. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

if you pay through their system, although it is more expensive than booking direct, your money is safe, and if the letter turns out to be bogus, you can get your money back.

most of their properties have reviews from past renters, ask them if it is safe to book with him.

of course, if he is a crook, the reviews could all be by him or his accomplices, but if that was the case past customers such as yourself would have reported it to homeaway and they are too concerned with their income stream to keep bogus properties on their site.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Level Contributor
56 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

We're just looking at the same villa complex. But seen them on playablancalanzarotevillas

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,431 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Altaf Patel has a company, AS Villas, who received notice for compulsory strike off on 24th July.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
58 reviews
7. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Forgive my ignorance what does that mean ?

I’m

About to pay him£1000 deposit for next August so will hold off for now

The villa has no reviews as of yet :/

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,431 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Basically it means if he doesn't file his accounts within 2 months of the notice being issued in the Gazette his company will be dissolved.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
58 reviews
9. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

Oh I don’t know what to do 🤷‍♀️

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
58 reviews
10. Re: HomeAway ...... vista lobos

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8768611?utm_campaign=HAUK_TRV_INQ_HASC_replyBlank_PPS&utm_content=propthumb_image_o_lprop&utm_term=20180803&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email&haExternalSourceId=a2f44c94-c3fa-4eee-8c14-cf650c9763d1+9fb29045-9af3-45ed-b7f4-d09a325e4a8a-hasc

Reply to: HomeAway ...... vista lobos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca