We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2018

Northampton, United...
4 posts
Christmas 2018

Hi we have booked a villa for Christmas week with my folks and I know they would really like to go out for Christmas dinner we are staying in Playa Blanca in a villa, could anyone recommend anywhere for us please as this is our first visit. thank you in advanced. Claire

9 replies to this topic
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: Christmas 2018

When you say Christmas dinner do you mean a traditional turkey dinner or simply to go out and eat on Christmas Day evening ie Spanish food

Northampton, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Christmas 2018

Hi

Just to go out and eat doesn't have to be the traditional Christmas Dinner, just wanted to get somewhere booked.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: Christmas 2018

You will be fine just going out and eating, only really need to book if you want a turkey dinner (I don’t) or if you have a specific restaurant in mind.

If you prefer to book, then try El Mirador at the marina, you can call or email them. I find on Christmas Day it’s nice to eat out late afternoon...nice views and sun is still out. I’ve booked and been to El mirador on Christmas Day before but also just walked along the front and picked somewhere.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: Christmas 2018

The traditional meal for the Spanish is paella and other fish dishes, eaten on Christmas eve evening. The 25th is just a day off to digest it! The kids' main present day is 6th January, with the 5th being when the 3 Kings arrive and parade before "doing the rounds" during the night. No chimneys here so they don't have to scale the rooftops :) .

Sheffield
Level Contributor
488 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Christmas 2018

We've just booked a table at Sebastyans for 7pm on Christmas Day... we weren't fussed about the traditional turkey dinner but we made sure to book well in advance as it's one of our favourite places and it tends to get booked up in advance. Already thinking about their melt-in-the-mouth lamb!! I can highly recommend it!

Having said that, if we'd not been able to get in to Sebastyans then we'd have just gone down on the front for a curry :-)

Northampton, United...
4 posts
6. Re: Christmas 2018

Thanks for the info, sounds like an afternoon stroll and a see where it takes us will be the plan.

Playa Blanca, Spain
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
7. Re: Christmas 2018

When we wintered in PB, we went to el peregrine and had tapas! It is remembered as one of our best Christmas days and couldn't recommend it highly enough. Our waitress even invited to join her family party, just across the street, at 4pm but we declined. Great memories!

Northampton, United...
4 posts
8. Re: Christmas 2018

Hi Thank you for this will look at El Peregrine THEN, Tapas is mine and my folks choice of food when we go out so would be perfect.

Thanks again.

Claire

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
9. Re: Christmas 2018

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the weather is like at Christmas in Playa Blanca? We love the place but usually book for Tenerife at Christmas as we worry that Playa Blanca would be a little too breezy.

Thanks

Reply to: Christmas 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca