We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking groups

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Walking groups

My wife and I will be in Playa Blanca at Christmas this year ( 15th December- 29th December ) and were wondering if there were any walking groups we could join for the occasional walk.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
1. Re: Walking groups

There was a walking group organised by a man called John B. He used to post on the Lanzarote Gazette forum. He was based in Playa Blanca Faro Park and I seem to recall TA forum member Elle1971 who is a destination expert knew this person.

Hopefully she will spot your post and provide better info.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Walking groups

Hi

I am a " member " of this walking group and know John very well. Walks are on alternate Sundays ( one tomorrow ) and range from " challenging " to easy ! Will ask John tomorrow if he has walks planned over the Xmas period and let you know. You will be very welcome and meet some lovely people as well !

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Walking groups

That’s great . Thanks for your help.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Walking groups

Thanks for your help.

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Walking groups

Thank you,I will look forward to hearing from you

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Walking groups

Hi

Sorry for not getting back to you but if I'm honest I clean forgot ! Spoke to John last night and there is a walk the Sunday before Xmas. Very Christmas themed , taking in camels and an absolutely huge nativity scene. Believe it is around the Uga area. You will be very welcome. However John has pointed out that I must stress this and all his walks are free and you are basically joining him on his walk . Normally walks are around 2.5 hours and this one is classed as fairly easy ( no huge Volcano climbs ! ).

Will be in touch nearer the time.

Dodgy

Reply to: Walking groups
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca