We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

Hi

I am travelling from Salzburg airport to Gerlos over half term. I will be leaving the airport around 5pm to get to Gerlos by car. Can someone please tell me how long this will take bearing in mind it is half term.....but later in the day.

Thanks in advance.

Stausee Durlassboden
Hiking Trails, Other Outdoor Activities, Scenic Drives
Isskogelbahn
Other Fun & Games
5 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

Which day will you travel - normally 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

Hi it is Feb the 13th we will be driving from Salzburg airport at 5.30pm it's a Saturday and half term.

One transfer company said allow for a 4 hour journey cause of the time of year...surely can't be that bad on Saturday evening??

Please help As for 3 young kids and 4 hour journey will not be good:)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

Depends on weather conditions as well as traffic, not always predictable. Clear run, you can do it in the time suggested above. If it's snowing, then will take longer.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,511 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

It is possible to get driving times computed on Google Maps (maps.google.com)! As you will travel on a Saturday, the normal day for the "shift change", expect traffic basically to be more dense, sometimes crowded. But as you will be driving in the early evening, when the majority of travelers has already reached the holiday resorts, I guess you will have less problems/disruptions. As mentioned, bad weather will slow down traffic, add ca. 30-60 minutes in such a case.

Edited: 10 October 2015, 17:54
Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from salzberg to Gerlos

Thanks I just think with one of the transfer companies saying 4 hours if bad traffic they worried me. As you have all said thankfully shouldn't be any or not as bad at 5.30pm. Fingers crossed for 2 hours or just over

Reply to: travelling from salzberg to Gerlos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gerlos