We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

Emsworth
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

Please could someone tell me how easy it is to get the train from Barcelona airport to Pineda de Mar? There are 8 of us travelling together. Is there much room on the train for suitcases? Also, how much is the fare and do you know if children need a ticket? We arrive at about midday and I am a bit worried that it's going to be really hot and we will end up standing on the journey with all our cases (we have 2 13 year olds, a 9 year old and 11 year old with us). Is it easy to get a taxi at Pineda de Mar station to take us to our accommodation and are they expensive?

5 replies to this topic
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,098 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

In summary, it's quite easy. It's not necessarily the best way, but it's certainly quite inexpensive.

There's a railway station at BCN Terminal 2 and there's a train every 30 minutes. Here's a link to check timetables:

http://rodalies.gencat.cat/en/horaris/

You can buy tickets from machines at the airport railway station, cash or cards, English language option available. The most economical way of buying them will be in the form of a 4-zone T10 card. This gives you 10 trips (or 5 people 2 trips each, or 6 people 1 trips each plus 4 left over for later) for €35.25

https:/…hdr_preus_zona

Change trains at El-Clot-Arago station in Barcelona which takes about 20 minutes from the airport, then get on the R1 train to get to Pineda de Mar, which takes just over an hour. Most of the trains are going to Maçanet-Massanes. Don't get on the R2 to Molins de Rei. That's going in the wrong direction.

I can't help with the taxis I'm afraid, but it's likely that fares will be a bit cheaper than equivalent journeys in Emsworth.

Emsworth
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

Thanks for the info. Do you think it's better to get the bus or a taxi transfer for 8 of us? Sorry for all the questions!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,098 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

It depends on your priorities. How far is your hotel from the station?

Emsworth
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

It is about a 15 min walk so if getting the train we will be looking to get taxis from the station

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,098 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda

That's what I'd do. You'll have spent enough time travelling by the time you get off the train.

Reply to: Best way to get from Barcelona Airport to Pineda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pineda de Mar
Recent Conversations