We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfer ti santa agata

liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
airport transfer ti santa agata

we are travelling into Naples airport on 3rd july for a wedding can anyone help with a good transfer service to Santa agata hotel due golfi hotel We have never been to Italy before and there is 2 adults and our 7 year old child

dont have time for trains so we would really appreciate a good reliable private service

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

Public transport, Airport bus to Sorrento www.curreriviaggi.it

10 euro pp pay the driver.

Then local bus from Sorrento station to Sant Agata Sui Due Golfi

UK
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

If you look at the Top Questions section of the Sorrento Forum you will see some suggestions for private transfers plus the other options

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k41…

Also lots of other useful info on transport and things to do and see in the area.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

Hi there

I wondered what travel option you chose. Me and my hubby are flying to Naples on 29 August and staying in Sant Agata. Would be really interested if you could let me know any problems you encountered. Hope the wedding was good.

Kind regards

Joy

Sun Valley, Idaho
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

I was wondering the same thing. When I mapquested Santa agata to the Naples Airport it said it would take over an hour. Could this be correct? I have a 7AM flight out of Naples on my way home so I may need to spend my final night in Naples (which I was trying to avoid).

UK
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

TnelsonSV

We have travelled from Sant' Agata to the airport and can confirm that it takes a good hour in optimum traffic conditions.

Sun Valley, Idaho
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

Thanks, I was wondering if there are any faster alternatives? Train?

Tim

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

Hi Tim

No, the first train from Sorrento is at 0500, reaching Naples central station at 0608. No way would you make it to the airport in time for check in.

You could either spend the night in Naples, or book a private transfer. Decide what would be the most economical. A private driver costs between €70 to €100. Personally I would pay for a driver.

This link here sets out options of getting from (and to, in reverse!) Naples Airport. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k41…

Ellie

Eagle, WI
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

You can catch a bus (company called CURRERI) just outside the airport (left side upon exiting). Tickets are available on the bus. Find the median strip (curb) with covered overhang. The departure times are listed on a board right at the bus stop (9 am - 11 am - 12 noon - 1 pm - 2:30 pm - :30 pm - 6:00 pm & 7:30 pm, I was told). About 7-10 Euro per person. It was pouring when we tried to catch the bus and our bus was cancelled. We didn't notice until another traveler pointed out the departure time was covered over with tape on the listing board by the bus stop. (We had been referring to times listed on a printed brochure we picked up - best to check the departure time board, too, at the bus stop). The bus should take about 1 hr. & 15 minutes to get to Sorrento. From Sorrento at the same bus stop, you take a SITA bus (rather tan CURRERI) to S.Agata via Priora but you need to buy tickets available at the tobacco shop (news agent) near the bus stop. Look around. You'll see a sign on the right side ground level of the train station if you're facing the stairs/entrance. Travel time from Sorrento to S.Agata is about 20 minutes.

We had to take the local Circumvesuviana train. We made friends with some well-traveled Brits and stuck with them. The train wasn't too bad and very inexpensive, but with children, it's easier to take the buses as they're more comfortable and easier to navigate with children. On the train, you have to watch your baggage and personals until you get past the Pompeii stop where it's more rural than urban. Travelers' common sense kicks in here as it would any big city.

About your trip back . . . I hesitate to say this, but you should probably stay in Naples overnight. We stayed at a hotel near the train station, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have children with you. It's a very gritty urban setting and not very clean. Do some research about good areas that might have a hotel shuttle. If you take a taxi from your hotel to the airport. Tell the driver to start the meter please. Don't be shy about asking because you very well may be overcharged like we once were. Ask at your hotel about setting up the pick-up and find out costs.

Have fun and don't forget to sign up with shuttle bus drop-off and pick-up service to and from Sorrento that is free if you're staying at Hotel Jaccarino. The continental breakfasts there kept us full well into the day.

9. Re: airport transfer ti santa agata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2016, 15:47
Get answers to your questions about Sant'Agata sui Due...
More Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi Topics