We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English breakfast?? Advice

Kirk Sandall...
2 posts
1 review
English breakfast?? Advice

We are staying at the Grand Hotel Hermitage in a few weeks. My husband is thinking they won’t serve a breakfast and wondered if there may be somewhere local he can walk for one?

Advice and tips please

7 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

Hi

When I pretend to book this hotel on, Hotels.com, it says breakfast and dinner is included in the price. Even if you haven't paid for the breakfast you will be able to arrange something with the hotel so you can have breakfast in the hotel. Is the hotel below correct?

Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Romita, Via Nastro Verde 9, 80061 Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy

Eddie

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

Do you mean one of those 2 eggs cooked in lard along with some meat either sausage or bacon plus fried potatoes (in the lard)? HO HA sorry my artery just crapped out on me. OUCH

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,760 posts
476 reviews
3. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

I would not have high expectations of finding an English style cooked breakfast. But be heartened by the fact that the hotel will undoubtedly be providing a lovely continental style spread including cereals, cold meats, cheese, fruits, hard boiled eggs and fresh baked items.

I have had some great breakfasts in Italy in various places, and not a rasher of bacon in sight!

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

Every good hotel offers international-style breakfast options with cheeses, cured meats, eggs and the like, but of course don't expect an English breakfast proper. No smoked bacon (you may find a cheap imitation of it, tho), no eggs benedict, eggs florentine, fried mushrooms, baked beans, etc.

By the way what makes you think breakfast is not included? Breakfast price is always included in the daily rate, unless we're talking about some five star hotels belonging to international chains. There are tourists who explicitly ask for the breakfast price to get removed off their daily rate, but if you haven't asked for this then it's included.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

@RojBlake I've found bacon different times here in Italy, but it was fake bacon, not like the bacon you can taste in the UK. The only place in Italy where I've eaten proper bacon was at Babington's, in Rome. Their Irish smoked bacon was one of a kind (at least to my Italian palate), I will always remember that flavour.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,982 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

I once stayed at a fairly posh hotel in Montecatini Terme with my aunt, who was a pretty bossy lady. She spent the entire week trying to describe how to cook bacon to the chef ... it was usually undercooked. By the third or fourth morning he invited her into the kitchen to show him what she wanted. When she was done and happy with the result he told us that only Americans would eat their meat desiccated like that.

Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: English breakfast?? Advice

Hi Emma we stay at this hotel every year and again in a few weeks.. breakfast consists of continental plus fried eggs mini sausages and crispy strips of bacon. There is plenty of verity so you won’t go hungry. Enjoy your holiday we love this hotel

Reply to: English breakfast?? Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sant'Agata sui Due...
Recent Conversations
More Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi Topics