We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Lassi for us?

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
50 reviews
Is Lassi for us?

Hi there. We have just returned from Kefalonia and have fallen in love with it. Was surprised how under developed and quiet the island was, just beautiful!

We rented a villa near to Trapezaki beach with friends and while it was a lovely property we had to drive everywhere and next time we would prefer to be within walking distance of bars, restaurants and be around a bit more of a buzz.

When we originally researching where to go (and before having an understanding of how lovely and quiet Kefalonia is) I thought that an area so close to the airport would have been too busy or tacky but having driven through Lassi and spent an afternoon at a hotel there before our return flight I'm thinking that Lassi might offer us what we're looking for - bit of life but not too crazy busy and noisy?

Would love to find an apartment (2 of us with 2 kids aged 9 and 5) with a pool within walking distance to everywhere - any recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks! Can't wait to return :)

19 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,252 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Hi, are you thinking of TO or indipendent? to give you right choices

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Hi,

Lassi would be great for you from reading your requirements. You are also not far from Argostoli with its turtles, pedalos for hire and ferry to Lixouri for a fun trip for the kids.

You could also consider Skala which has a bit more of villagey feel. The beach is much longer than Lassi but more sandy/shingle than the sand of Lassi. If you rent a car then at Skala you are also close to Mounda and Kaminia beaches which with the shallow seas are probably the safest on the island.

Happy planning.

Bob

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Thanks both! We normally book independently but happy to consider all options. Re accommodation an apartment or small hotel would be nice, not fussed on big hotels.

We visited Skala - I loved it there but husband thinks would have less choice of bars/restaurant than Lassi so need to do some more research.

Argostoli was also an interesting place. Think we like having that nearby and options like Lixouri by ferry...

Edited: 02 August 2018, 19:10
Level Contributor
5,252 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Hi, a lot of places that are indi don't pools but you can always use places that do not many refuse(Med hotel eg). Look at Simatos, Silo, Constantinos, Niko, Venia, Stefanos, Belavista, San Lorenzo Village & Residence, all on the flat or close too & not far from tavernas/bars or beaches. Easy bus ride to Argostoli(1.5ea) or cab €6 for shopping & Lixouri ferry

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Is Lassi for us?

If you fancy Lassi go for it. If you are going TO look at the Dionysos Village at the top of the hill. Super accommodation b/b or s/c available with Thomas Cook, or you can book direct. All rooms have great views down to the sea. Check out the reviews on this site, 4 of them from us. Better with a car for up and down the hill during the day, then a lovely walk down for your evening meal with a taxi back. We last walked up in 2015 aged 64.

Also look at the San Lorenzo Village available with Thomas Cook and Jet2. Still on the hill but walkable both ways. Again super accommodation that gets booked up early. Both accommodations have excellent pool areas and again check the reviews on this site.

Hope this helps

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Excellent - thank you all so much. I will start going through them in the aim to also book early to get a good spot.

"Thisisthe1" good idea about using other hotel pools. I'll take a look at your list :)

Thanks again!

Edited: 02 August 2018, 20:33
Wells, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
57 reviews
7. Re: Is Lassi for us?

I think Silo Apartments would suit ,a lovely breakfast choice is included if you can book direct. Check out the reviews on TA.

Short walk to a lovely beach, also the restaurants. They also have food at lunch time and in the evenings if you didn’t want to walk up to the main strip .

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Thank you Manilow26 - I've narrowed it down to 2 x 1st choices: Simatos and Silo! 2 other back ups with no pools. So sounds like you're right! Thank you :)

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Hi!

Marianna's Studios Is a good place for spending the day by the pool, even if you are not staying in the apartments. There is a small pool and a large grassed area with more than enough sun beds. As long as you buy your food and drink from the bar you will be welcome here.

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
50 reviews
10. Re: Is Lassi for us?

Hi bigcol - thanks, that's interesting as one of my concerns about Simatos next door was the pool size and my kids disturbing others. I'll check that out too :)

Reply to: Is Lassi for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations