We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airline stu

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
airline stu

we have booked to go to stalis in september, with olympic. flying from manchester, the airline on the invoice states S T U then the number can anyone tell me what this airline is like? as we normally fly with monarch when booking an olympic holiday.thanks in advance.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airline stu

I had never heard of it either but have seen on another forum it stated that it stands for............Strategic Airlines.

Apparently it is an Australian carrier of some standing which has started to operate over here and in Europe. and operates airbus A320 aircraft

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airline stu

Sorry! It was too late to correct the shocking grammar! :O(

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airline stu

many thanks for the information regarding airline STU it was a big help ! I wonder if anyone has actually travelled with them yet .as nobody seems to recognise them or know much about them. thank you again.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airline stu

Hi there

I've not heard of them either - why not put this question on the air travel section of the forum, you may get some more answers

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
249 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airline stu

STU are Strategic Airlines, an Australian company which have been operating there for some years and have now started flying to various destinations in Europe. Flights will operate from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick to Corfu, Crete, Kos, Rhodes, Skiathos and Zante in Greece along with Paphos and Larnaca in Cyprus.

This is, of course, a result of Olympic's little disagreement with Monarch.

The Strategic fleet consists of Airbus A330-200 and A320-200 aircraft.

flystrategic.co.uk/About_Us/Our_Business.aspx

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Airlines

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Zante
Zante
64 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airline stu

Thank you for giving this information about STU airlines. Supposed to be flying to Skiathos on Friday morning. Haven't got tickets yet and our flight has changed 3 times. Feel a little more optismistic now I have read the above.

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airline stu

I know the feeling about flight times! Ours has changed from 9.15am to 17.10pm, not impressed one bit, never again!!

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airline stu

We have flown with Strategic twice - they are a no frills airline and to be honest very inventful - the seat 2 rows in front of me was held up on telephone directories!!!

You gotta laugh but we got there and back safely so not a problem.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airline stu

Hi there mollian1. Have a look at my post on the Rhodes forum 'Strategic' The first week of flying to Rhodes from Manchester and Gatwick were unnacceptable.

Cheers

Denise.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
costa del yorkshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airline stu

does anybody know what the legroom is on a stategic plane as my partner is over 6ft and was wondering if its worthwhile to pay for extra legroom or whether he can get away with it xx

Get answers to your questions about Stalis