We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silence in Omis

11 posts
Save Topic
Silence in Omis

Hello, I booked 4 nights in Duce. If we want silence and quietness, its a good choice? Or i should choose smaller town to stay? I still can change my option where to live. So I need tips.

9 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silence in Omis

Well Omis is certainly not "the new Ibiza" like Hvar is - I think you won't be troubled by too much noise

Durham
Level Contributor
5,737 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silence in Omis

The big disadvantage with Omis is that there is a lot of traffic going through the town. There are certainly quieter options on the Makarska Riviera and the islands.

11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Silence in Omis

Also I wondering , its possible to find place to live , just in the streets? do people suggest it on the street? Are there any banners that announce this? Or I need necessarily to book it online?

And Is it possible to find apartments up to 30 euros, for 2 people?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,395 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silence in Omis

What do you mean by “live just in the streets”, like a homeless person?

As pointed out, Omis could be very noisy, depending on where exactly you stay as the main and extremely busy street in summer, runs through the middle of the town.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silence in Omis

I think they meant by that to be able to find the accommodation right at the spot from the locals. You know, how old ladies used to stand on the road and the ferry ports and drag people to their Zimmer Frei's?

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silence in Omis

Here at the moment. Lots of signs saying apartment s on split to Omis road. If looking for seaside try brela

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silence in Omis

The old ladies still wait at the ferry ports at Split, and I've seen them at port at Mljet too, but much less likely in peak season, and definitely not for 30euros. You'd be looking to pay at least 40 euros for a simple room if you can find one of those ladies.

11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Silence in Omis

Okey, my idea was to find people who suggested where to live. But as I understand it, it's better to have a reservation now.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,964 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silence in Omis

If you want specific things - such as a quiet area - then you need to book ahead. If you don't care where you end up and the only criteria is low cost then just turn up.

Reply to: Silence in Omis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Omis
Recent Conversations