We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer costs

Newcastle upon...
1 post
transfer costs

Hey

myself and my partner are thinking about going to Obzor this summer but the deal we are looking at is without transfers.

Does anyone know how much a taxi from Burgas airport to Obzor might cost? or is there a bus we could get?

Thanks in advance

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: transfer costs

taxis are expensive for longer journeys (Obzor is around an hour from the airport depending on traffic), try a transfer company, cost is around 45 Euros each way.

Bus is possible but a hassle as you would have to go to Bourgas or Sunny Beach to pick up the bus as the direct busses bypass the airport, also the Bus station in Obzor is at the opposite end of the resort from most of the hotels.

I`ve sent you a PM with transfer company details

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: transfer costs

Hi ,

can you send to me as well please as looking for transfers in July

Thx

Colin

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: transfer costs

HI there, sorry for the delay, I`ve just noticed your post,

www.lngroupmanagement.com/transfers.html

Edited: 17 May 2011, 18:58
North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: transfer costs

The transfer time is approx 1.5 hours. Try www.resorthoppa.com Depends when you are travelling but a return transfer by private taxi in June is about £45 per person.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: transfer costs

Just to note, although some companies do charge per person, the majority of transfer companies in Bulgaria charge per journey, for a set number of people, eg for up to 4 people which generally works out a lot cheaper than the per person rate.

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: transfer costs

Thank Yo for your assistance

Colin & Lena

Greater London...
Level Contributor
81 posts
73 reviews
7. Re: transfer costs

If you can drive you could consider renting a car for the holiday- I rented via Carhire3000 and they booked me with Eurocar. I chose the smallest Kia Picanto but they gave me a much bigger 1.6 Kia. It cost 36 euros extra to pick up the car out of office hours. All the right insurance requirements were included in the deal. One thing when you return the car - if its out of hours ensure you include the insurance documentation etc with the keys or else you get clobbered with 120 euro fine! Petrol is about 10% less than Uk. I found driving quite safe although coming from London most places are in comparison

8. Re: transfer costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 16:45
Get answers to your questions about Obzor