We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unawatuna beach to galle

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Unawatuna beach to galle

Hi can anyone tell me if it's practical to travel from the beach at Unawatuna to galle by tuk tuk? If so, about much would it cost and how long would it take?

Thanks

18 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
173 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Useful thread. We will be doing the same, staying at Una and making trips to Galle, Jungle beach, Pagoda, and the turtle hatchery at Habaraduwa.

Would there be tuk tuks available at either jungle beach or the Pagoda to ride back to the main road or Una?

Ambalangoda, Sri...
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Turtle hatchery (i.e on main road) has enough buses for return trip. Most of the times there are idle tuk tuks available at white jungle beach or at Jungle beach. When you exit the tuk tuk get the tuk tuk driver's mobile number. Then in case you can call him to pick you back .Else hanging around until another thu tuk come to drop some one else.

On main roads definitely tuk tuks are available

BRgds

Edited: 16 August 2017, 18:14
Level Contributor
173 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Thanks - Hemanthau!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

We got dropped from unawantuna beach to next to ramasulla hill (about 1.5km) uphill for LKR 100.From there it's 500m walk to japaneese peace pagoda through a jungle trial.Highly recommended.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Hi there would I be able to walk the jungle trail to the peace pagoda in flip flops? And is there a dress code for the pagoda?

Thanks

Ambalangoda, Sri...
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Yes. Shoes OK up to temple no problem. Need to remove only enter to temple premises. No dress code but it is a temple. So need decent cloths.Trousers below your knee level & top well covering shoulders is enough. Color is not a problem.

BRgds

somerset uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Easy, and very nice, to walk from Unawatuna beach to Peace Pagoda and Jungle Beach, in flip flops - takes about 20 minutes No need for tuk tuk or bus.

Richard

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Unawatuna beach to galle

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'm looking forward to going there.

Cheers

Reply to: Unawatuna beach to galle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Unawatuna
Recent Conversations