We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

London, United...
2 posts
Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Hi I will be travelling to Alvor at the end of August from Faro Airport I have tried to research reputable share transfer companies but seen quite bad reviews for the few that I have come across. There are only two of us so I would like to keep the cost down but a bit nervous about the reviews. Can anybody recommend a reputable shared shuttle bus company I have seen Hoppa and Shuttle Direct as well as holiday taxis can anybody recommend any other company or shall I just choose from the above-mentioned I've looked through the reviews on this forum but there is an any obvious choice for a good company thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
226 posts
1. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Yellow fish transfers get very good reviews . Never used as we always get a hire car.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
105 reviews
2. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Hi Kkw85,welcome to the forums!

If your return flight is early I would seriously consider a Private Transfer, shuttles are often late or sometimes don't turn up at all for the return journey. Not unknown for people to have to call a taxi at the last minute, to avoid missing their flight and Alvor is a long way from the airport. A PT will only cost approx. 20€ each extra compared with a shuttle.

There are several reliable transfer companies, YF are one of the more expensive ones.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,136 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Try Algarve-365.com they are based in the area and offer only private transfers. They will pick you up when you decide, not hours too early as with a 'shuttle' that must connect with numerous flights going at different times and make multiple pickups on the way.

That extra €20 or so each will be money well spent..

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
105 reviews
4. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Just to clarify #1 reference to Yellowfish are a Private Transfers company only, they do not provide shuttles.

London, United...
2 posts
5. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Ok great, Private Transfer it is.

Thank you all.

Reply to: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations