We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Hi I will be travelling to Alvor at the end of August from Faro Airport I have tried to research reputable share transfer companies but seen quite bad reviews for the few that I have come across. There are only two of us so I would like to keep the cost down but a bit nervous about the reviews. Can anybody recommend a reputable shared shuttle bus company I have seen Hoppa and Shuttle Direct as well as holiday taxis can anybody recommend any other company or shall I just choose from the above-mentioned I've looked through the reviews on this forum but there is an any obvious choice for a good company thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Yellow fish transfers get very good reviews . Never used as we always get a hire car.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Hi Kkw85,welcome to the forums!

If your return flight is early I would seriously consider a Private Transfer, shuttles are often late or sometimes don't turn up at all for the return journey. Not unknown for people to have to call a taxi at the last minute, to avoid missing their flight and Alvor is a long way from the airport. A PT will only cost approx. 20€ each extra compared with a shuttle.

There are several reliable transfer companies, YF are one of the more expensive ones.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,779 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Try Algarve-365.com they are based in the area and offer only private transfers. They will pick you up when you decide, not hours too early as with a 'shuttle' that must connect with numerous flights going at different times and make multiple pickups on the way.

That extra €20 or so each will be money well spent..

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Just to clarify #1 reference to Yellowfish are a Private Transfers company only, they do not provide shuttles.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus

Ok great, Private Transfer it is.

Thank you all.

Reply to: Faro to Alvor via shared shuttle bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations