We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange request, but here goes.....

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
34 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Strange request, but here goes.....

I was just wondering if anyone knew of linen hire places in De Panne or maybe a 2nd hand charity shop where I may be able to buy cheap sheets/towels when my family visit in July next year. My sister has booked us into an AIRBNB without realising they do not supply linen. As we are travelling for 6 weeks I really do not want to pack extra things I only need for 1 week.

Thanks for any advice.

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange request, but here goes.....

I don't think charity shops here sell bedlinen, at least I've never seen it in Brussels and of course De Panne is much smaller. As these items may not be as cheap in Belgium as where you are, I wonder whether it wouldn't be possible to ask the airbnb owner to LEND you these items. In any case, I presume they are supplying bedding and you need to know whether this will be quilts (in which case you also need to know the sizes) or blankets, to know what sort of bedlinen you need. Note that pillows here are usually square, pillow-cases measure 60 x 60 cm.

The cheapest source of new items would be somewhere like Zeeman at Zeelaan 106 next door to Belfius bank. They currently have bath towels, 70 x 130cm, for €4.99, same price for a fitted sheet for a double bed - 140 x 200 cm - and €6.99 for a duvet cover for the same size. See www.tiendeo.be/fr/catalogues/bruxelles/37299…

Also in Zeelaan at no. 140 is Hema (hema.be/fr/…maison-et-deco), which is a bit more expensive; and you might just try the Lidl supermarket nearby: https:/…zeelaan-140 - they don't have many non-food items but might just have something.

There's no Wibra (cheap textiles place) in De Panne but there is one in Oostende.

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
34 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange request, but here goes.....

Thanks for the information.

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange request, but here goes.....

I'd ask them for linen. It's not a big deal to grab a few towels from their press and put them in your room. They can say no but any decent person would include them if you ask stating your predicament.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,861 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange request, but here goes.....

It is more than possible that the person renting out the property doesn't live in the vicinity but owns the apartment as a second home and sees AirBNB as an easy route to recovering some of its costs, arranging for someone like a neighbour to act as host. In such circumstances it would probably be difficult for them to arrange linen on your behalf.

I certainly wouldn't try to bring linen with you as it is unlikely that the sizes will match.

Reply to: Strange request, but here goes.....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about De Panne
Recent Conversations