We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving

Hey all,

Did any one did Scuba Diving at Tarkarli? Can you provide the contacts who arrange for the scuba diving? Also, It would be great if you know approx cost

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving

I'm not sure but I think Scuba diving, snorkelling can be booked from the MTDC resort at Tarkarli. You can also go dolphin watching one day.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving

I am not interested in Snorkling. As when you learn and start doing SCUBA diving, snorkling is "kids" game ;) (no offense, just kidding)

Actually I tried MTDC number but no one is picking up. Any one has latest (and working) MTDC - Tarkarli number?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving

well I haven't done either of them.. :)

You can find the contacts from the Maharashtra Tourism - MTDC portal. Again not sure if its updated.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba Diving

Hello Rushikesh,

I hope that my reply reaches you in time (before your travel)!!

I have done scuba diving at Sindhudurg - which is about 30 Kms from Tarkarli. Since it was my first time, the experience has etched in my memory forever.

When we had done the scuba diving in Sindhudurg, we got in touch with the local fishermen there who has licenses to conduct such activities and the cost was about Rs. 400.00 per person for 20 - 25 minutes. This was in Jan 2010.

We (My close friends and I) had a time of our lifetime in Konkan from Ganpatipule to Sawantwadi. Hope you have a great time as well.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba Diving

400 bucks for scuba diving??? that's DAMN cheap...

Can you please confirm that for me???

Were u provided with all the equipment? The gas cynlinders, the masks, the paddle fins etc??

Thanks,

Tarun

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scuba Diving

Are you sure it was SCUBA diving and not Snorkling.. as 400Rs seems Damn cheap!!!!!!

I enquired to MTD tarkarli, they have closed the Scuba diving due to so called "Lack of response" :(

Mumbai...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Scuba Diving

i am sure Scuba diving is not available in Malwan as of now due to lack of equipments as few of my frnds were there on 28 nov 2011 & they happened to do Snorkling not Scubaa diving

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scuba Diving

Hey thanks!

I have also confirmed that it is not available at Tarkarli. I had contacted many resorts there.. but negative reply from each one!

Any way! I think other than Andamans and Lakshadweep (where I have been and already dived) any other place where it is available?

Pune, Maharashtra...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Scuba Diving

kiti rupees lagatat scuba diving karayala

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scuba Diving

I had opted for SSI Certification. Th ebasic certification costed me around 25K for 6 days (including stay-food etc.) If you choose to stay in simple way, it should cost you around 20K

Get answers to your questions about Tarkarli