We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Madikeri

Mumbai, India
8 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Madikeri

Will be travelling to Madikeri for 3 days. My trip will be via Bangalore and Mysore. Would like to know how to go around in Madikeri. While returning would like to catch train from Kasargod. How do I reach Kasargod from Madikeri.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Madikeri

Hi,

In Madikeri you can hire a local cab to cover all places conveniently. Depending on ur place of stay, you can go on plantation trails,walks & treks on ur own.

Madikeri to Kasargod is around 80 kms & takes 1 1/2 hours drive.You can avail buses to reach Kasargod or opt for a cab.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 09:50
Mumbai, India
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Madikeri

Thanks Deepak for your inputs. Changed my plan a bit. Will come to Mangalore from Madikeri. What is the prefeerred mode of communication. Further can you suggest a couple of places where I can stay in Madikeri. How is the Karnataka Tourism lodge or should I go for homestays. My budget is Rs 3000 per day.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Madikeri

Madikeri to Mangalore can be travelled by road only.It is around 3 hours drive.There are regular buses or u can opt for a drop by cab.

As of now, this stretch of roads are bad due to heavy rains this season.

In Madikeri, in case u want to experience local lifestyle you can book a suitable home stay.Else u can book KSTDC valley view which is reasonable n good and be booked online.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 15:41
Mumbai, India
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Madikeri

Thanks Deepak.

Can you please indicate the cab hire charges from Mysore to Madikeri and Madiker to Mangalore.

5. Re: Trip to Madikeri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 09:46