We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madikeri Sightseeing

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
789 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Madikeri Sightseeing

We are coming at Madikeri at end of the month along with kids. What are the sightseeing options. We are going to be there for 2 days

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,800 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

You can see Raja Seat, Abbey Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp (about 8 kms) etc., in Coorg (Madikeri). Must visit Kushal Nagar en-route to Coorg, a major Tibetan township in India.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 20:58
India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

Do not miss Talacauvery, the origin of River Cauvery 5 km away from Bhagamandala, near Madikkeri.

Pune
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
789 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

thanks, do you have to book in advance @ Dubare or one can walk in anytime ?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

hi AshisRoy,

Thats very strange !! Dubare Elephant camp is just 8 kms from Madikeri ?? i thought its about 30 kms from Madikeri .

Kindly re-verify and revert.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

hi RoamInIndia,

you can drive in anytime. no prior bookings required. the place is a just beside a narrow rocky river. you can go for still water rafting. i am sure kids will enjoy the rafting part a lot. while rafting you can see the elephants on the other side of the river.

you can also try the elephant rides . there's no need to spend a night in this place . you would find good restaurants to have lunch. carry extra clothes and towels as you would get drenched during rafting.

Changing rooms are present closeby.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

Also check Harangi Dam, Iruppu Falls, Omkareshwara Temple . i am not sure if Nagarhole National Park has opened for tourists. but you can find out once you reach Madikeri.

Pune
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
789 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

thats great twoonhalf. I hope river has a quite a bit of water for rafting in summer. I never did rafting in the past, hope its safe for the kids.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

i was there a month back and i could swim . you need to wear life jackets before getting into the water . i have seen people of around 100 kgs floating with life-jackets on .its safe for kids .

this is still water rafting ... its almost like rowing the inflated boat .

Caution : dont try diving into the water from the boat as few places are rocky and not visible from outside water.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

I have booked 4 nights in club mahindra, madikeri during mid of april. How is the climate? Is it worth spending 4 nights in coorg? Can anyone advise the iterenary?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Madikeri Sightseeing

hi shebibebo,

Club Mahindra is one of the bests in Coorg. usually at this time of the year temperature ranges between 25-35 degrees. you might experience drizzles too.

It is worth spending 4 days in Coorg. go for sight-seeing trips to nearby places like Dubare Elephant camp , Abbey Falls , Tibetan Monastery in Kushalnagar , talacauvery etc. Kindly check with resort if they can arrange Nagarhole Tiger reserve trip.

i would also recommend to enjoy the in-resort activities.