We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes in April/May

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Mosquitoes in April/May

Just wondering what the mosquitoes are like during April and May?

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
135 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitoes in April/May

I don't remember any mosquitoes when we visited, unfortunately I don't remember what month it was.

Angra do Heroismo...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitoes in April/May

Hello Wetcoast_traveller

It depends on the region where you will travell. In warmer and humid places you have more chances to find mosquitoes. I didn't go to amazon area, where you certainly will find them. The only place where I used my mosquito protection was in Machu Picchu, and it was very helpfull.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Mosquitoes in April/May

@ CARLOS - While the OP doesn't specify, this is the Mancora forum, so they are most likely referring to there and not Peru in general.

Angra do Heroismo...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Mosquitoes in April/May

OK. Sorry, I hadn't noticed ...

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
135 reviews
5. Re: Mosquitoes in April/May

Done the same thing myself on occasion.

6. Re: Mosquitoes in April/May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2018, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Mancora