We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
14 posts
76 reviews
Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!

Hello,

Reading on the internet, I found out that Treasure Beach is often used as the name of an area with several beaches that go for quite a few miles. In this sense, I would like recommendation of where exactly to go, for a nice day at the beach. We certainly would like to visit the Pelican Bar, but what next?

We do not need a place with beach structure or a bar/restaurant. We really like to visit two or three sandy beaches, with pristine water, and that we can park the car nearby.

Any recommendation, please?

Many thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!

The best beach that has parking available would be Great Bay, by Pedro Bluff. Or park at one of the restaurants on Frenchmans Beach, and go there. The water is cloudy in this area, so if you're looking for crystal clear Caribbean seas... won't find it in TB (though it's a lovely area).

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
14 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!

Many thanks! I understand that Frenchman's Beach is where Jake's hotel is located? I noticed that the water is not crystal clear in this area, but that's ok. I will spend the rest of the trip in Port Antonio, Ocho Rios and Negril.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!

I'd recommend Eggy's on Frenchman's beach as a great place to have a drink and hangout. If you're looking for more solitude, head down to Calabash bay. You'll have plenty of room to yourself. And the water might not be perfect turquoise, but the scenery is spectacular nonetheless. Bring a towel or two to sit on and some sturdy sandals (you'll likely have to walk over rocks or coral as you go from beach to beach). Enjoy!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,468 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!

IMO the water is clear but the sand is darker so it looks a bit different. Frenchmans and Calabash are most central, Great Bay is calmest (reliably - they all can be calm).

Reply to: Where to go in Treasure Beach? Daytrip from Negril!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach