We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A quick Treasure Beach report

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
41 reviews
A quick Treasure Beach report

Thanks to everyone who gave us travel advice! We really enjoyed our trip. A few things: some of the restaurants are closed now that are on the list. No Wild Onion and we never found Hold a Vibz Cafe. All the food we had was excellent. There is a new place just down the road from Pardy's which is open all day and also has great breakfasts. I can't review it because it isn't on the list - Cattleya Restaurant &Cafe. And we also went to Diner's Delight which isn't on the restaurant list either. Both were really good. Our fav was Eggy's though. Food and people are great. Just put the bug spray on before you go! I kept waiting to see if I would need it, I always got a few bites each night. Both ATMs in town worked just fine. We walked about 5-7 miles every day exploring the beaches and countryside. For the beach bring heavy duty sandals for the coral. Treasure Beach is a beautiful, quiet place. Reminded us of camping, lots of talking and reading, no real nightlife and dark by 6:45, but the stars are beautiful!

18 replies to this topic
Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

one more thing: we had drivers who were Negril based and didn't know there area. Next time we will book with someone from Treasure Beach. Wasn't a huge problem but they didn't know where stores were in Black River so we didn't stop for supplies on the way. We never got lost but the driver to the airport had never been to TB before so he had to have help to get back to Sav.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,468 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

Thanks for coming back to report! We also loved Pardy's, Mellow Yellow, Smurf's and of course Eggy's. We did enjoy drinks at Frenchmans Reef, food was just OK there but hard to beat the location.

Not surprised that some places closed and others opened, just the way it goes. When we were there last year everyone was talking about new vegetarian place Gee Wiz but we never made it there, it's a bit inland so we'd need transport.

I agree - best to use TB drivers, they know their area. I like Treasure Tours and their prices are competitive.

Nightlife is pretty tame, though Jake's, Jack Sprat, Frenchmans always had people when we were there, and the Sports Park had some really great events in the evening (boxing/disco party anyone?)

What restaurant list are you referring to? And where did you stay?

Edited: 25 March 2018, 23:26
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

Hold a Vybz burned down a year or so back, maybe a bit longer. I think she's working with Angie from Katamah now.

Richmond, California
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

Thanks for the trip report. We were in TB last May and we are heading back next February. I fell in love with that little town! Eggy's was our favorite spot also. His vibe was amazing. We used Treasure Tours for our transportation. They obviously know the area and were also who we used for our accommodations

Where did you stay?

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

We went to Pardy's, Mellow Yellow, and Smurf's too. And, we ate at Frenchman's and it was really good. I had been trying to get Brown Stew Chicken toward the end of the week and kept missing out because whatever place we would be eating would run out. Frenchman's actually made it for me. And, it was awesome. We walked up to Gee Whiz and it was really good so check it out next time. He made us a big plate of all the things he had on the stove. We were the only people there. It's in the crazy building that looks like a boat.

We stayed at Brytan Villa which overlooked the Jack Sprat parking lot. Great location but no view. We had a great view of the roof of Jakes. And, no real community feel since we were alone. We have lots of great ideas for next time though:) I think another one of the Villas or Sunset Hotel where we cut thru to get to the beach. There was no one there. I have to have air conditioning at night so it limits the inexpensive choices.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,468 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

We really enjoyed Sunset Villas. Have also enjoyed Mar Blue (3x!) . I don't use AC too much but agree it's nice to have the option, especially in summer.

I've considered Brytan - you liked it other than the no view part? Comfy, nice people, etc?

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
164 reviews
7. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

Thanks for the report it is in our bucket list..

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

We were there at the beginning of March and stayed at Marblue. Very reasonable rates thru Airbnb for huge rooms with A/C. There's a little restaurant a couple doors down, Sea Sand Beach Bar. Excellent food and great company! If you're craving pizza, B&J's makes the best pizza I've ever had.

I've completely fallen in love with TB. We've been there twice now and planning next year's trip already.

Edited: 02 April 2018, 04:08
cape cod
Level Contributor
8 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

Yes, Treasure Beach is now a must for me and after eight nights at Taino Cove, I can't wait to return! Was there solo and then part of a MycoMeditation women's wellness retreat so we mostly ate with the meals arranged through the retreat, but wish I could've gone back to Lotus cafe on the same property with Shirley's steam bath...the smoothie after the steam and massage was a bit of heaven!

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: A quick Treasure Beach report

Yes, we liked Brytan but missed the comings and goings of other people. I can only spend so much time drinking in a bar to have conversations with other people (we are pretty social) :) Brytan was clean and the woman who was stopping by to check on us was very nice. I don't think they really clean while you are there but she did give us new towels and grabbed the garbage once. The air conditioning wasn't great but the upstairs unit on the Jakes side has a great airflow with the breeze. If your windows are open you can really hear the waves. Late afternoon the balcony is in the sun, so really hot. The security lights at the Jack Spratt parking lot are really bright all night. We decided we would either need waterfront or a pool next time we go to TB.

Reply to: A quick Treasure Beach report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach