We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supplies for Treasure Beach

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
41 reviews
20 helpful votes
Supplies for Treasure Beach

We are going to TB tomorrow from Negril and wondering if we should plan on stopping at a store for beer etc. on the way in. Any suggestions for that and also a good lunch spot on the way. We are staying in a villa without a cook so we are on our own for shopping.

5 replies to this topic
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
76 reviews
130 helpful votes
1. Re: Supplies for Treasure Beach

Hi!

Beer is sold in TB but you will get a better price if you stop at the beverage distributor on the way, it's outside Sav la Mar. I haven't been in a few years, ask your driver about it if you have one. Or just go to the supermarket in Negril or Black River to stock up. Once in TB there are a couple of smaller markets and fresh fish right from the boats and usually a veggie truck goes around with produce.

There is an ATM at Jack Sprat, and Jake's will change money last I recall. But if you hit a cambio in Negril or Black River you will probably save a little on the exchange.

A really cool stop to make along the way for lunch is King Love in Belmont right on a postcard perfect beach, very rustic. I wrote about our stop there last year - travelsinjamaica.com/2017/04/a-beach-afterno… - keep a swimsuit on!

Good faster food is available at the border of Westmoreland and St Elizabeth. Soup, spicy fish, etc. More of a pull over and take with you sort of thing, no beach there. Pretty aggressive food folks but pick one vendor and the rest will back off :)

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
41 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: Supplies for Treasure Beach

Thank you so much for the info!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
76 reviews
130 helpful votes
3. Re: Supplies for Treasure Beach

NP. Enjoy your time in Treasure Beach! - you aren't missing anything good in Hudson :D

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
10,431 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Supplies for Treasure Beach

Ohliz I missed that last year! I know king & my favorite spot is just down the beach! Love Belmont!

PEACE!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
76 reviews
130 helpful votes
5. Re: Supplies for Treasure Beach

bushgirl I loved that beach! We had a wonderful swim and visit there. One of my regular drivers knows King and I asked him for a fun place to stop as we moved from TB to Negril and that was his suggestion. I'll be back - found a bunch of sweet looking Airbnbs in the area.

Reply to: Supplies for Treasure Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach