We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes really bad

Hazelhurst...
Level Contributor
225 posts
109 reviews
Mosquitoes really bad

If you are traveling to TB bring bug spray. The mosquitoes are really bad. This is supposed to be dry season but has rained some everyday over the last 8 days and this has caused a massive amount them. CDC recommendations are a spray with at least 20% deet. We only brought 1 bottle and now are on our 3rd between 4 adults. Very expensive here to buy and the most deet we found was 15%. Has been an awesome trip aside from the mosquitoes.

5 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitoes really bad

Thank for the info.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,473 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitoes really bad

Bummer. I find TB is so dry and often breezy that it's not as bad as other areas.

But I bring (or buy there) a lot of bug spray to Jamaica, always. They love me :(

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
1 review
3. Re: Mosquitoes really bad

try a bag of limes-cut and squeeze and rub on skin-(works tho I always have spray as well)

PEACE!

1 post
4. Re: Mosquitoes really bad

How are the mosquitoes typically in December in TB? My family will be there for Christmas.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Mosquitoes really bad

Wow, Treasure Beach is kinda known as the "desert" of Jamaica, usually more dry than Negril.

Reply to: Mosquitoes really bad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach