We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions

PRESTON
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions

can anyone recommend a decent hotel thats not to far from bars and beach for a young couple aged between 18-25. SC or AI budget of around 400.00 each. looking at booking for one week at the beginning of June

Marina Suites
Marina Suites
#1 of 67 hotels in Puerto Rico
Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa
Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa
#2 of 67 hotels in Puerto Rico
Marina Bayview
Marina Bayview
#3 of 67 hotels in Puerto Rico
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,804 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Hi Ainykins1973,

I've had a look on Thomas Cook website, and the Altamadores for two adults for one week flying from Manchester All Inclusive comes in at £798 (includes flight, transfer & hotel on AI option). The price will adjust accordingly if you require an extra 5kg of luggage each - will probably come out in the region of £850.

Reviews on here are good for the Altamadores - it has excellent views out over the sea, and I will possibly look into booking it for a week during school holidays as a party of two adults & two children.

As for close to the beach, it does overlook the sea, but due to the hilly nature of the resort of Puerto Rico it could be a 10-15 minute walk around the road to get to the beach area (unless there is a quicker way down that someone else is familiar with!). To me though, this is not an issue, as there really are some great views to be had from the top of the resort.

Incidentally, I am going to Puerto Rico in two weeks today, staying two weeks SC at the Guanabara Park apartments which are quite a walk away from the sea, but again they still have excellent views.

Edited: 12 April 2010, 19:36
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Altamadores
Hotel Altamadores
976 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,804 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Just followed through with a dummy booking on the Altamadores and the prices adjusts up to £932 for those dates I told you about above. Still, I think it's a good price for an AI option in June!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Altamadores
Hotel Altamadores
976 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
españa
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Hi Ainykins,

If what you want is to have a nice hotel, and nice all Ink. you should count with a bit more than 400 P.

I could recomend you following hotels, next to the discos...

Hotel Neptuno --- http://www.murhotels.com- 5 m walking to kasbah

Riu club --- http://www.riu.com - lots of children but gut ai

Hotel Lucana // I don´t know the addres, but also nice place.

Hope I helped you...

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lucana
Hotel Lucana
223 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
durham
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions

try the colina mar excelent views over PR only a couple of mins from the europa centre which is a smallre version to the main cc. couple of euros to amadores beach in taxi or 1e on bus the colina mar starts AI this summer

5. Re: Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations