We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trixie LyX showbar

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trixie LyX showbar

Hi guys,I came across this show on here and would love to go but I'm with a 17 and a12 year old ,what's your thoughts from anyone who has seen it ,cheers all

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

We have been here and they are brilliant and what a laugh.. there is vulgar words and swearing and a lot of banter ...it was something we really enjoyed some people moan about this place but my opinion if they didn't like that sort of thing shouldn't have gone in first place because surely they would have had a idea of what this bar is but the guys are fantastic if you have Facebook they have a page join that then you will have a idea if your 12 yr would be ok in there 😁

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Will do ,many thanks

cumbria
Level Contributor
674 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Hi Tommy

We go every year and we love this place. I have seen kids in there but to be honest I felt quite embarrassed for them, maybe thats just me. It can be over the top especially when the queens are out on the floor doing their thing and most of the things they do involve actions when they interact with the audience, so I would have a think about it if I was you, you know your kids, do you think they would get embarrassed? It gets worse as the night goes on.

Jude

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Yes I agree. That’s what I was meaning about the likes of a crowd of young guys. My son and mates just wouldn’t find these guys amusing doing that stuff BUT different matter if it were real women lol. As I said each to their own. Personally I would prefer a male stripper ..oh matron !!🌝

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Cheers guys ,so that seems like a no other than barcoda anything else u guys recommend,cheers all

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Your 17 year old would love it im sure. Try Tiffanys its a great family entertainment pub in the main centre and the Shamrocks got entertainment every night. Theres a fab rock singer on it might be a Tuesday and another drag artists another night. Shamrocks a good night. Not always easy when yuv 2 different age kids. Good luck.

Edited: 17 July 2018, 11:24
cardiff
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Kim and Steves, Talk of the Town has good acts most nights near The Shamrock bar. Pop quiz around 10pm. Stand up Bingo and normal Bingo next then the acts, children welcome to join or you could sit outside. Shamrock Bar has entertainment every night, we liked Motown/Soul singer Dean Facey on Friday 11.30pm and The Mad Hatter on Tues.and Sun. See what you fancy and enjoy.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
793 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

It's a decent night but they will rip you off for drinks, personally I prefer the the barbacoa for entertainment, Missee is by far the funniest drag act, I've ever seen

Edited: 17 July 2018, 22:36
Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Thanks for all your help guys,being very helpful

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trixie LyX showbar

Yes its dearer for drinks in the shamrock because they have to pay the entertainers but some people try to Hogg the one drink all night. Say no more. 😅😅😅 Harbour lights bar is good and the mad hatter appears there also the harbour bar but it’s a bit cheesy there lol.

Reply to: Trixie LyX showbar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations