We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
10 reviews
Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

We are staying at the sunsuites in May half term and thinking of taking a trip to Palmitos Park. What is the best way to get there?

We are 2 adults, a 5yr old and a 1yr old. Am I right that the bus takes about an hour? I’ve read about the hair raising journey? I’m assuming it’s just the last few miles? How much is the bus?

How much would a taxi cost, I read one review said abou €35 each way, is this still about right?

Other option is to hire a car from autoplus in PR. I’ve got a quote for 3 days for €40 and it says that is no excess on the insurance policy. We could then use the car another day for a ride out somewhere. I’m just not sure about parking near the sunsuites, looong at google you can just park on the road?

Anyone got any experience of any of this?

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

We did this last year brilliant park lots to do lots animals to see ad say take pack lunch foos isnt the best there is a bus terminist accross from angry birds play park cheap to use brill day out

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
437 posts
606 reviews
2. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

Bus is cheap. However, the bus back is a bit of a scramble as everyone trips to get back. Car is sensible, could also go to Slide and splash, or roque noblo, maspalomas dune too or Mogan, or through to Las Palmas

canary islands
Level Contributor
968 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

Hire car is best as you can use it the next day for another trip.

Cs

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

Hire the car and go to Aqualand too that is the same route and proximity to Palmitos park. The route there isn't hair raising at all compared to the routes up in the mountains. Discount tickets here :- https://www.aqualand.es/maspalomas/en/

Edited: 01 May 2018, 14:33
Flint, United...
7 posts
5. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

The bus is easy to get, bus terminal in centre, they have staff there who will tell you which bus you need. usually quite a few waiting at 9am for first bus to palmitos, so you cant miss it, i think last bus back right outside park was about 4pm.. there will be a lot waiting for that. !! if you can try get out an hour early, them buses usually quiet. we have been 2 or 3 times and the last few miles roads are narrow yes, but they drive this route daily, so no worries. Food and drink is very expensive there, although plenty of places to grab something, Its a great day out, you can pay for and print tickets online before you go, if you can do a specific date, it is cheaper than paying on the day. Have a great time.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

The number 70 bus service is a limited service designed mainly for tourists, with only 4 buses each way per day covering this route. The first bus to leave P. Mogan firstly is at 9-40 a.m. and will take about 15 mins give or take to reach P. Rico. With the last bus returning at 17-15 p.m. full details with timings here below:- https:/…linea70.pdf

Edited: 01 May 2018, 18:06
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

Thanks everyone. I think a car is looking easiest! I don’t want a scramble on the way back to get a seat with 2 children!

Chorley
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

Hi, Please can I ask what you decided to do? We are considering car hire to get to Palmitos.

Edited: 19 September 2018, 15:46
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

It’s an easy drive. I always drive to Palmitos.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??

hire a small car for 25 euro - and most places give you are free voucher for driver free, once done at palmitos, take a nice scenic drive back. :)

Reply to: Palmitos Park - bus/taxi/hire car??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
Recent Conversations